Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's surprising to some that I don't have a Kindle yet. We are in penny-pinching mode here, and are trying more to "plan" our major discretionary purchases. (Did I just call Kindle a 'discretionary purchase'? Crazy talk!)

Good news, though. I am strongly suspecting that my wife has ordered me a Kindle for Christmas. She asked me casually about the Oprah discount (this was on Nov 1), and I mentioned it was the last day. She waited a few minutes, then shot out of her chair and sat quietly at her computer for a few minutes.

Wishful thinking, maybe. But I am bursting with excitement, and it is being fueled by all of you and your great experiences with Kindle.

I can't wait to join you! And to change the userbar in my signature!!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Harvey you & I are in the same boat! Only I don't think my husband has ordered one for me. But I did tell him a couple of months ago that that's all I want for Christmas. I can't wait! I've got such a long list of books I want to get, but I won't buy any more dtb, I am trying to finish up some I already have, namely the Tom Clancy ones since they aren't kindlized anyway.
Lisa

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
colleen said:
WOW! Look at all those extra fingers!!!

Good luck Harvey!
Yes it's why I'm such a good quilter, LOL! ;)

Betsy

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Back when Heath Ledger being filmed as the Joker for The Dark Knight, this picture was making the rounds. Supposedly it was a color test for his make up. People figured out pretty quickly that it was photoshopped. The multiple fingers on his hand were sort of a giveaway. LOL

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
You mean he didn't have six (or more) fingers on his right hand? LOL!

Betsy
Hahahah, no. I am trying to remember the details. It was part of Heath Ledger's face, someone else's hair and I think the bottom half of the picture (neck down) came from some sort of color test for a Star Wars movie. Who played Anakin Skywalker? I think it was that guy.

L

Why do I know this stuff? LOL

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
Leslie said:
Hahahah, no. I am trying to remember the details. It was part of Heath Ledger's face, someone else's hair and I think the bottom half of the picture (neck down) came from some sort of color test for a Star Wars movie. Who played Anakin Skywalker? I think it was that guy.

L

Why do I know this stuff? LOL
You're scaring me, Leslie!

B

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.