Kindle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Problem: When reading on the Kindle Fire, it does not send the furthest page read. 
Example: I read several chapters of a book on the Fire at night before bed.  The next day I open cloud reader, or Kindle app on my iPhone and it syncs the the furthest page read, but that spot is no where near as far as I read on the Fire the previous night.  It will be many pages before the furthest read, and I have to go forward page by page to find my spot. The other direction works fine; when I pick up my Fire it always goes to the furthest page read on another device.
Whispersync works fine between all other devices.  The only thing that seems to help is going back to the home screen before I put the Fire to sleep, which I just cannot remember to do. Is this the only thing that I can do?

·
Super Moderator
67,395 Posts
If you do a sync before sleeping for the night you should be fine.  I think it sometimes doesn't work just because of signal strength or something.

Question: how do you 'put the Fire to sleep'?  Are you sure you're not really turning it OFF, which won't allow it to access wifi and do a sync on its own?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ann in Arlington said:
If you do a sync before sleeping for the night you should be fine. I think it sometimes doesn't work just because of signal strength or something.

Question: how do you 'put the Fire to sleep'? Are you sure you're not really turning it OFF, which won't allow it to access wifi and do a sync on its own?
I've tried doing a sync, and it doesn't work. I'm putting it to sleep by tapping the power button, not turning it off.

·
Premium Member
63,460 Posts
Razorhog said:
Problem: When reading on the Kindle Fire, it does not send the furthest page read.
Example: I read several chapters of a book on the Fire at night before bed. The next day I open cloud reader, or Kindle app on my iPhone and it syncs the the furthest page read, but that spot is no where near as far as I read on the Fire the previous night. It will be many pages before the furthest read, and I have to go forward page by page to find my spot. The other direction works fine; when I pick up my Fire it always goes to the furthest page read on another device.
Whispersync works fine between all other devices. The only thing that seems to help is going back to the home screen before I put the Fire to sleep, which I just cannot remember to do. Is this the only thing that I can do?
Are you using a cover on the Fire that does "auto-wake?" I rarely "put" my Fire to sleep, I let it doze off by itself. I do have an auto-wake cover and usually I just close the cover. Or set it aside open to the book and it eventually dozes off. It sounds to me as if, by putting it to sleep, you're shutting it down before it has a chance to sync.

Betsy

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Betsy the Quilter said:
Are you using a cover on the Fire that does "auto-wake?" I rarely "put" my Fire to sleep, I let it doze off by itself. I do have an auto-wake cover and usually I just close the cover. Or set it aside open to the book and it eventually dozes off. It sounds to me as if, by putting it to sleep, you're shutting it down before it has a chance to sync.

Betsy
No, no special cover. Thank you for the idea - I'll try letting it nod off on itself tonight and see how it goes.

·
Premium Member
63,460 Posts
Razorhog said:
No, no special cover. Thank you for the idea - I'll try letting it nod off on itself tonight and see how it goes.
OK, let us know! The collective wisdom here will keep pondering...

Betsy

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Betsy the Quilter said:
OK, let us know! The collective wisdom here will keep pondering...

Betsy
Unfortunately that didn't seem to work. I'll try again tonight though...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts