Kindle Forum banner

61 - 80 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
My husband's Prime expired and we can't afford to renew right now. I just signed up for the trial myself but have a January 5 ship date... Think they'll honor the $19 even though I won't have Prime then?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Question: if someone has a computer monitor with an HDMI port (but not a TV with an HDMI port), do you think the TV stick would work?

·
Registered
3,391 Posts

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
krm0789 said:
My husband's Prime expired and we can't afford to renew right now. I just signed up for the trial myself but have a January 5 ship date... Think they'll honor the $19 even though I won't have Prime then?

You have Prime now--the price should be honored. They even say to sign up for the trial on the info....

Betsy

·
Registered
691 Posts
Oh em gee. Why did I wait so long to jump on this? My delivery date is Jan 5th. Ugh.

Good thing I'm buying a Chromecast tomorrow :D They're on sale for $28 at Best Buy and Walmart.

Like many of you, I was reeled in by the Fire stick's low price. I don't even have Prime  :eek:  So really, to get maximum benefits from this, I'll need to buy Prime, which means this $20 deal will turn into a $120 purchase.

Again...ugh.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I ordered when you posted the deal. Interesting enough I have a ship date of Dec 17. Am wondering why the difference in ship dates, seems like they are all over the place.  Of course I don't why I need but hey, $19 can't go wrong.

The other question, doesn't chromecast plug into your computer? Will this do the same?

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
We have two Chromecasts at home, but $19 to try out the Fire Stick was a good deal.  I did wait a little while before pulling the trigger and we won't see ours until the end of December.

·
Super Moderator
67,248 Posts
krm0789 said:

Well, you ordered it when you DID have prime, so I'd assume so or else they wouldn't say you can do that.

You can also just renew when your month is up and then cancel AFTER the thing ships. They'll prorate the year for the time you kept it. Though that extra cost might sort of offset the savings. At $100 a year, the Prime membership is about $8.33 a month . . . . you'd have to keep it at least a month plus another week or so. So the $19 thing would end up costing closer to $30. O'course, you also get to use the other prime benefits -- like say shipping during the holidays.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
On Tuesday, I got an "order update" on the first Stick that I ordered early on the morning of the 27th. My original delivery date was Dec 1 but it has been revised to Nov 26!
(I ordered a second one later on the 27th & my estimated delivery date for that one was Dec 11 - no change in it's delivery date)

·
Registered
9,605 Posts
CegAbq said:
On Tuesday, I got an "order update" on the first Stick that I ordered early on the morning of the 27th. My original delivery date was Dec 1 but it has been revised to Nov 26!
(I ordered a second one later on the 27th & my estimated delivery date for that one was Dec 11 - no change in it's delivery date)
My delivery date has moved up from December 5th all the way to December 4th. Ooo, the excitement!

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Still Dec 24th for me.  :(

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
OK, funny story.... ;D

I started this thread on Oct 27th, around 10 AM, right after I placed my Fire TV Stick order. Guaranteed delivery date was Nov 19th. In fact the delivery date for BOTH orders I placed was Nov 19th. I apparently accidentally ordered a second one when I hit "back" on the page or something. Whatever.

So, I posted this on the 28th:

Betsy the Quilter said:
I accidentally ordered two--two separate orders :eek: ...was going to cancel one, but thinking about it. My delivery date for both is Nov 19, I think. (I do think I might have been the first KB member to order one. :D)

If someone wants one before Christmas, contact me in the next few days, we may be able to work something out. spoken for, thanks.
Someone took me up on it, and, I changed the shipping address on one of the orders to the new recipient, hoping that the shipping date wouldn't change. 'Cause we all know that changing an order can affect the delivery date. It didn't, yay! Though, boo, the order temporarily showed me being charged the full price. But I checked again later, and it was changed to reflect the credit for Prime members and the shipping date on both orders was still Nov 19th.

So, being the obsessive Amazon orderer I am, I was checking my open orders today--a couple of things should be arriving this week, when what to my wandering eyes did appear but that the shipping date on the individual order that was coming to me was now Nov 26, while the order whose address I had changed was still Nov. 19th. :eek: :eek: :eek:

So, I called Amazon CS. The very nice woman pointed out that changing a shipping address can result in a change in the delivery date. I pointed out that I hadn't changed the shipping address on the one whose delivery date had changed. She agreed. She put me on hold for a few minutes and then came back and said she was changing my shipping speed to one day and that the delivery date was now the 19th. So, yay, Amazon.

And I didn't burn the pancakes I was making while I spoke with CS. Which made hubby happy.
:D

Anyway, all this by way of saying, yay, the Fire TV Sticks will start arriving this week!

Betsy

·
Super Moderator
67,248 Posts
Mine still says Nov 26. Don't think that's changed -- release day IS the 19th.  I didn't order on 'announcement day' but early the following morning.  I'm good with Nov 26.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Ann in Arlington said:
Mine still says Nov 26. Don't think that's changed -- release day IS the 19th. I didn't order on 'announcement day' but early the following morning. I'm good with Nov 26.
I would have been good with Nov 26 IF mine hadn't said "Guaranteed delivery on the 19th" since I ordered it or IF I had changed anything about the order. I know how it works. What I found annoying was that the order I had changed still says the 19th, but the one coming to me, that hadn't been changed, said the 26th. And really, that didn't bother me that much...I almost didn't call, but it was kinda the principle of the thing. So I thought, why not? Maybe they can fix it. And they did. I hope. Yay, Amazon!

Betsy

·
Registered
649 Posts
Glad they fixed it for you!

Mine was set for Dec. 1st when I ordered it and it still is, but that's fine with me.  I actually don't want it to get here until I am finished with Nanowrimo on November 30th, because otherwise it would be a distraction. 

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Still Dec. 24th by 8 pm. They better not interrupt my Christmas eve.

61 - 80 of 182 Posts