Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seemed like I was always getting stuck waiting at places with nothing to read.  Well, since NelsontheKindle arrived, that wasn't happening!  But Thursday night I got to a restaurant about 15 minutes early, so I pulled out the Kindle and read.  It was so nice not to have to read the menu 87 times!

Then yesterday I got to the tattoo shop and had to wait while the artist set things up.  So I pulled out the Kindle again.  I got some great comments on it, and it was wonderful not to have to look at all the different books of tattoo pictures - I don't need the temptation!

·
Registered
599 Posts
One of my classes this semester is a four-hour photography class that is held once a week. Because the class is so long, my teacher usually gives us a 15-20 minute break. Last class, I decided to bring my Kindle to use the break time to read, but I could barely get any done because other people in my class kept asking me questions about it!

deMoMo said:
Then yesterday I got to the tattoo shop and had to wait while the artist set things up. So I pulled out the Kindle again. I got some great comments on it, and it was wonderful not to have to look at all the different books of tattoo pictures - I don't need the temptation!
What tattoo did you get? I have two myself. :)

·
Registered
335 Posts
Britt said:
One of my classes this semester is a four-hour photography class that is held once a week. Because the class is so long, my teacher usually gives us a 15-20 minute break. Last class, I decided to bring my Kindle to use the break time to read, but I could barely get any done because other people in my class kept asking me questions about it!

I was just about to ask the same thing! I have quite a bit of ink myself.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got a bushel basket with geraniums in it in memory of my grandmother. Her favorite flowers were geraniums and she used to sing "I love you a bushel and a peck." So it really means a lot to me. I asked the artist to make it a little unrealistic because after looking at many pictures of geraniums I realized that they're much prettier in real life than in pictures!

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
deMoMo said:
I got a bushel basket with geraniums in it in memory of my grandmother. Her favorite flowers were geraniums and she used to sing "I love you a bushel and a peck." So it really means a lot to me. I asked the artist to make it a little unrealistic because after looking at many pictures of geraniums I realized that they're much prettier in real life than in pictures!

My grandmother used to sing a bushel and a peck also. I cross stitched her a very nice piece this last Christmas that has the bushel/pcck song on it.
deb

·
Registered
921 Posts
Britt said:

I have quite a bit of ink myself. I have like 15 tattoos on my arms, chest, back, and legs. Running out of room.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Count me in as unexpected usage! I use my K2 during my math class break [another 4 hr class] Also I use her after tests while waiting for others to finish :) Did I mention I LOVE my K2? :D

·
Registered
740 Posts
deMoMo said:

I think you should have gotten a KINDLE tattoo as well ;)

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Sweety18 said:
I think you should have gotten a KINDLE tattoo as well ;)
I wonder who will be doing that? LOL. I am sure someone will...

I am coming up on the first anniversary of my first (and so far only) tattoo on March 11:

·
Registered
493 Posts
Leslie said:
I am coming up on the first anniversary of my first (and so far only) tattoo on March 11:
c'mon--don't be modest, Leslie, show us where you put Hugh's!

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Encender Vaquero said:
c'mon--don't be modest, Leslie, show us where you put Hugh's!
No Hugh tattoo...mine is the same as Heath Ledger's, just in a different place (and a bit bigger):

·
Registered
335 Posts
deMoMo said:

Nice!

The best tats are the ones that mean something to you. More than just a pretty picture...

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Encender Vaquero said:
Oh, cool. What's the significance of it?
Heath got the tattoo in Canada after filming Brokeback Mountain, as a remembrance of making the movie. I had wanted to get a tattoo for ages but could never decide on what I wanted. Then, when he died, the decision was easy.

I called a local tattoo artist who has a very good reputation here in Portland. She had an "unexpected" opening on March 11 (I think I called about a week before; she usually has a waiting list of 6 months) so I took it. That was March 11, 2008. Coincidentally, on March 11, 2007 I left for Europe to see the stage play of Brokeback Mountain in Holland. Yes, it was in Dutch. No, I don't speak Dutch. Even so, it was a great experience. This is my copy of Twee Cowboys signed by the actors who played Jack and Ennis:

I need to figure out something special to do on March 11th this year....

L

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Leslie said:
I wonder who will be doing that? LOL. I am sure someone will...

Your next tattoo is going to be of a Kindle isn't it?? ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
921 Posts
Here are a couple of my favorites. Be careful Leslie, they are addicting, can't stop at just one.

·
Registered
144 Posts
nelamvr6 said:
Nice!

The best tats are the ones that mean something to you. More than just a pretty picture...
I absolutely agree!! My most recent one is my husband and my birth flowers in the shape of a heart w/ our son and daughter's birth flowers in the middle. The same day I got mine, my daughter got my mother-in-laws birth flower in memory of her grandmother who passed away on x-mas day 2007.

Dot

1 - 20 of 24 Posts