Kindle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Exactly a year ago I bought my first and only Kindle, a Paperwhite 2. The best $100 I've spent in a long time. And though I read about a book a week, I haven't had to spend anything on Kindle books, which are available from my public library for free. If I'd known it would be like this, I'd have started sooner.

No reason anyone else should be at all interested in this. I just felt like patting Amazon (and myself) on the back. :)

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Know how you feel. I was worried I would miss physical books but had the opposite feeling. I always had to have a stack of books with me because I read so much. Love being able to always have plenty of books without ever leaving my favorite chair.  :D

·
Registered
9,432 Posts
Congratulations and Happy Anniversary!  In July I can celebrate my 7th anniversary of being a Kindle owner.  It is still the best material gift I have ever received.

·
Super Moderator
67,346 Posts
7 years in July for me . . .the 2nd to be precise. I've had many over the years. . . current primary is a Voyage . . . . . doesn't seem that long; and at the same time it seems like I've had one for ever. :)

·
Registered
611 Posts
Happy Anniversary John!
I'll celebrate my sixth in September!

·
Registered
980 Posts
Happy Kindle-versary!

It'll be 6 years in May for me. I'll have to have a celebration for my kindle 2.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Those are amazing cakes Ann. Even better is that my first kindle was a birthday present, so I could have a kindle birthday cake that is my kindle 2 (that I only just replaced with a voyage in the past few months). I really wanted a kindle, but as a  college student, couldn't justify the cost, but for my 20th birthday, I was given a kindle 2 not long after they came out! I bought multiple ebooks that day, and have bought fewer than 10 paper books since then.

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
Remember . . .

An actual instruction book! I kept the box, etc., but not the Kindle 1.

·
Registered
980 Posts
There should be a cake shaped like the box from the k1.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts