Kindle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, everyone!

I am preparing to launch my first ever Kindle book at the end of this month and feeling overwhelmed. I have been reading, reading, reading, on here and elsewhere about developing an email list, running ads, creating Facebook groups, etc.

My head is spinning.

I am not trying to get rich off this book (wouldn't turn it down, of course!) but more than anything I want to have a "successful" launch which maximizes the potential of my work as a new self-publishing author. I just don't know where to start with so many ideas floating around the internet.

So, knowing what you know now, how would you suggest I launch this first book? What should take priority? What should I avoid?

Thank you in advance.

P.S. The book is designed as a standalone novel with potential for a sequel or sequels. (In other words, I am not planning on making it a series at this point – the story is self-enclosed – and yet it is open enough to provide me with the opportunity for expansion later, if desired.)

Genre is Paranormal Fantasy, approximately 60,000 words (still editing), third person omniscient point of view.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Hello! nicholaserik.com has been my go to this year. He’s got the tried & true promo sites listed and different types of launches. Best of luck and enjoy!

·
Registered
984 Posts
Generally, with any launch, you offer your books at a reduced price, or even free, and simultaneously promote them via one or more book promotion sites with access to enough interested readers. Start building a list of fans (those who have read and liked your book) by putting the sign-up form to your email list in the back of your book.

If your offer is good and your cover and blurb are up to snuff, you should get some takers, but don't hold your breath. Building a successful career as an author requires you to expand your offering and continue the practice. With each successive release you can repeat the above, but each time you have a mailing list that is slightly bigger.

To be successful, you really need to be in it for the long haul, but good luck on your first launch.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Welcome! Honestly, I'm on my seventh launch and my head's still spinning.
Browse around Kboards, including old posts. Also check out Jane Friedman, David Gaughran and the Creative Penn, if you haven't already. And, probably most important, make sure you're book is as great as it can be. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Get the best cover you can, make sure your blurb is good and snappy. Make sure the LookInside pages present some interesting reading material. Hopefully your book is in a genre with a lot of readers that seek new releases. Then write another book in the same genre and hope that your readership builds, while you figure out the marketing aspect of it. Your head doesn't have to spin -- just do it methodically.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts