Kindle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I hit the magic publish button for the first time, I am just wondering if any of the book details KDP ask for are permanent. Of course we should lead with the best product and pitch possible, but I have read on the forum that it is quite possible to update covers, blurbs, and the e-book itself later ... just in case.  ;)

Actually my main concern is committing my book permanently to two categories and seven keywords. Can we change these ourselves later? Does anyone have any great tips on using Amazon categories and keywords effectively?

Another question: for authors outside the USA, is it possible to have royalties transferred electronically, providing you give the necessary bank details, or is the EFT option only for US/UK residents?

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
The only thing I'm aware of that you can't change later is DRM.  Once you click DRM or no DRM, you're stuck with that decision.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Ellen. If DRM choice is the only thing that's locked in, that is great.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Foreign authors only get paid by cheque, and there might be bank charges associated with processing that on your side. Also, Amazon takes 30% off for tax unless you give them the correct documentation. Have a look at these pages:

https://kdp.amazon.com/self-publishing/help?topicId=A30F3VI2TH1FR8

1-10. Is tax withheld for publishers outside the US?
For sales made on Amazon.com, royalties paid to a foreign entity or person are subject to tax withholding in the U.S. A foreign entity or person is someone who is not a resident or citizen of the U.S. or a green card holder. The general rate of tax withholding is set by U.S. tax rules and regulations and is currently 30 percent of royalties paid. This withholding tax rate can be reduced if the recipient (you) is a resident in a jurisdiction that has a valid income tax treaty with the U.S. This reduced rate is only available if we receive the appropriate documentation from you. Without this documentation, the 30 percent withholding tax rate will apply.

https://kdp.amazon.com/self-publishing/help?topicId=A1VDYJ32T5D3U4

1 - 5 of 5 Posts