Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a ton of freebies and very few that I have actually paid for (it is coming...)

So what was the first book you purchased specifically for your Kindle?

This was the first book I purchased

followed by this, a few moments later (8 books by L.M. Montgomery (Anne of Green Gables):

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
My very first kindle book was Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramahansa Yogananda. Followed by Vedanta Philosophy: Five Lectures on Reincarnation by Swami Abhedananda and The Mahabharata of Krishna-Dwaipayana Vyasa by Krishna, that first day.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts

Followed by a bunch of mobilereference complete works.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Here was mine

Not only my first Kindle book, but also my first attempt at using the Amazon Link-maker.
As for the book, well it wasn't out on paperback and I travel a lot and couldn't to read it, but really don't want to carry an additional 5 lbs. for one book (it's a long book!) This was one of many reasons for me getting my Kindle 2 in the first place (or maybe just a rationalization.)

·
Registered
37 Posts
The Cookbook was also the third book I bought...

The first book I bought was King's UR because of several reasons:
1) I am not a King fan and thought that this short story would be a cheap way to see if I had grown into his style.
2) I wasn't sure how I would acclimate to reading on an e-reader and wanted something light that I could read quickly to see how I liked it. UR was great for that.
3) It was cheap(ish).

·
Registered
320 Posts
Well the Kindle link textmaker thing doesn't show the book I need!
But here is the prequel to the first book I bought for my kindle: Dirty Girls on Top

·
Registered
761 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Oh, I used to love those Hot Blood books when I was younger. Ha. I used to buy them at resale stores all the time. I guess people would become embarrassed they had them and donate them quick, because the Salvation Armies and Goodwills used to be full of them. Heh.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I don't get the embarrassment thing on them -- they're much more horror than erotica. I don't recall finding any of them sexy.

But then, I have no issue with books that ARE sexy either.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I agree, but I'm not the type of person to get embarrassed about things. I remember seeing on the Amazon forums someone was posting asking for help deleting some erotica from her archive because she was scared someone would see it. She eventually contacted customer service and had them delete it for her if I remember right.
I do remember the books being pretty raunchy, but it's been a while since I read them. There used to be another one of those horror erotica books too....I think it was called "I Shudder for Your Touch" or something like that. I remember Stephen King wrote one of the stories for them.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Besides my own, (they don't count  ;) ), I bought Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout, because it was recommended somewhere here on the boards.
I tried to find the link to this book, could only find her others.  Based on what I've read, I'll be checking her other works out.
By the way, I've only had my Kindle 2 days!  :D

1 - 20 of 57 Posts