Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you got your Kindle, what was the first book you put on it?  Was it something new you've been interested in reading, or a longtime favorite?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Obviously I don't have a Kindle YET!  LOL

Let me rephrase:  What was the first ebook that you BOUGHT?

I am holding off on Jodi Picoult's new book so it can be my first ebook.  OR, I'm going to get Jane Eyre, since that's my all-time favorite. 

Which makes me wonder if other people go straight for new books, or ones they already have and love.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Does "free" count as "bought?" :D I've bought so many books since I got Little Gertie, I'm really not sure which was the first. I think it was Castles in the Air and it was free. I didn't start replacing old favorites for a couple of months.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:
Still LesliethFAQ. It runs $1.59.
Daisy...here is the book Jim and I are refering to. It's very helpful especially if you are new to the Kindle. I believe there is a link at the bottom (right) of the site to purchase it for the Kindle.

The Amazon Kindle FAQ (Kindle Edition)
by Leslie H. Nicoll (Author), Joshua Tallent (Author), DeLancey Nicoll (Author)

·
Registered
5 Posts
The first one I actually bought was Hitchhiker's Guide. (Now, if my K said Don't Panic in friendly letters on the front it would be perfect ;))

G

·
El said:
The first one I actually bought was Hitchhiker's Guide. (Now, if my K said Don't Panic in friendly letters on the front it would be perfect ;))
Jealous much?
;)

I could make you a screensaver, but it wouldn't be green.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I preordered a bunch of free stuff and UR but the first book I bought with my kindle and the first book I am reading is The Monsters of Templeton

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
My first book was "Dead Until Dark" which I had put off reading since December 1, to wait for Kindle.  Then, of course, Amazon got a bunch of money from me as I greedily bought up the rest of the series one right after the other.  All 8 of them!  Whispernet is dangerous like that: finish a book at midnight, but the new one within a minute, then keep reading through the night.  Dangerous to both the credit card AND sleep!

The first eBook that I downloaded (prior to Kindle) and read after the Southern Vampire Mysteries, was House of a Thousand Candles.  I got it from mobiread, Ithink, and it was free.  It was pretty good for a free book, too!!!  I would recommend...

·
Registered
167 Posts
I can't remember which one but it was a Nora Robert's book. She is my favorite author so I had to download one of her books first. :)

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
I went for the new stuff.  I've actually bought very few old favorites for my Kindle, simply because there are so many new things to try, and, with samples, it's so easy to try before you buy.  In fact, I would probably never run out of things to read if I read free books alone.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
soapy70 said:
I can't remember which one but it was a Nora Robert's book. She is my favorite author so I had to download one of her books first. :)
Nora Roberts was the first author I replaced my DTB's with Kindle books. Now I'm replacing Agatha Christie.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts