Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first full month on the Kindle store is behind me and it has been a fun learning experience.

Totals:
401 sales in the US. (399 at 99 cents and the last 2 were at $2.99. I raised the price yesterday and plan to keep it at $2.99 for all of June. So far, 10.5 hours into June, I've had 4 sales.)
16 sales in the UK.
2 sales in DE.

46 reviews and 76 likes.

My ranking is hovering between 5k and 10k.

I'm shooting for sales volume over profit on this, but I do think 99 cents devalues the content incredibly so it will be interesting to see what happens at $2.99.

My next price test (July) will be either $1.99 or $3.99 (maybe $4.99) depending on how things go this month.

Thoughts/comments/questions?

Karol

·
Registered
694 Posts
Congrats on a great book and sales!

I love the minimalist philosophy (less IS more). Your book looks like a perfect read for the great recession generation and also for the baby boomers attempting to downsize their lives.

I've just pulled the sample. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
KarolGajda said:
I'm shooting for sales volume over profit on this, but I do think 99 cents devalues the content incredibly so it will be interesting to see what happens at $2.99.
I'm inclined to agree with the "99 cents devalues" thought, at least when it comes to non-fiction, unless the book is really short. I recently raised the price of my calorie counter book, and sales immediately increased. Granted, there could have been many other reasons for the uptick, but in general, I believe people equate price with value when it comes to a book that will help them vs. entertain them.

--Maria

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
That's terrific, Karol. I offer nonfiction authors promotion space at my homemaking blog and this would be a fit. If you're interested, ping me. Kathleen Valentine's cookbook is currently featured on the front page: http://www.thenewhomemaker.com/ (This offer goes for any nonfiction writers with applicable topics.)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks all!

Anna: Enjoy the sample. :)

Jeff: I'm promoting from my blog and website. I also sent an e-mail to part of my e-mail list in very early May which gave me a boost of ~100 sales.

Maria: Yes, good points. That said, it's still Kindle so the price has to be low. I sell non-fiction e-products for $47-$97 on my website, but there is no way I could do that on Kindle.

Lisa: Thank you! Glad you like the title.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts