Kindle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
May was also my first month, and I did about the same: 41 sales.

I haven't done any serious promotion yet, though.  I think I'm going to wait until the second book in my series is complete, which will be sometime at the end of the summer. 

·
Registered
97 Posts
Joseph.Garraty said:
What do you mean by "serious promotion"? What promotion have you done so far? The reason I ask is that I've been up for about ten days, and my sales are on track to be, um, considerably less than 40 for the first month, so I expect I'm doing something wrong.
All I've done is have a blog that I post to maybe twice a week and I do some twittering. I don't really plug my book all that much on either of those platforms. My book is a steampunk novel, so I did one post about it on a steampunk forum. That's pretty much it. To be honest, I don't know that any of these things really mattered. My biggest boost came after I got a couple of reviews, and most of my sales have been in the latter part of May, so you may be on track. I'm not really sure how people find my book but I sell one or two a day.

After seeing some of the other numbers on this board, I'm not sure my model is the one to follow.

Tara, I'm in complete awe of your numbers! They're fantastic!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.