Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first person to receive a Kindle DX, put you name here and everyone can envy you   ;D

Brian

·
Super Moderator
67,251 Posts
The Amazon DX page now lists it as In stock on June 11th. . . . . .

hmmm. . .there are also 2 reviews.

Oh, never mind.  One says they cancelled their order because there's no external storage and the other says get over it.  :D

edit:  it's now listed as "in Stock" and has a "order it within x hours xx minutes for delivery tomorrow"
(btw, I stickied this thread until tomorrow so folks won't have to go hunting for it when their DX's start arriving)

oh, and there's one more review from someone in a British English country that wants it to have colour.

·
Registered
703 Posts
:D I just got an email from Amazon notifying me that my Kindle DX has shipped and should arrive June 18th. I am so excited!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just heard a large truck pull up, and I got a knock on the door. I ran to the door to find out it was Fed Ex dropping off something else... doh!

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
nyct said:
Just heard a large truck pull up, and I got a knock on the door. I ran to the door to find out it was Fed Ex dropping off something else... doh!
Holy cow, even my heart rate quickened as I read this, and I'm not even getting a DX. Although I am getting a used K2. But it probably won't ship for a day or so.
deb

·
Super Moderator
67,251 Posts
nyct said:
I was just thinking that trucks ought to be rolling. . .at least in the Eastern Time Zone. . . . .

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Martha, you've seen that on the Amazon posts?
deb

·
Super Moderator
67,251 Posts
KindleBoards DX arrivals are the only ones that count.  ;D

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
IT'S HERE!!!!

10:38 am. I told the guy he was early and he said he was, he came here before making his Mercy Hospital run.

Am I the first???

L

·
Super Moderator
67,251 Posts
Yes!  Woo Hoo!  You're the first. . . . .

(gonna unstick the thread now. . . .I think it'll still be active for a bit.  :D)

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Congratulations Leslie!!!!
deb

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I got a bs notice that there is a delay due to natural disaster or weather.  Well, that location was noted as Sylmar, CA which is not that far from me.  Our weather is fine and no earthquakes today so I'm a little p.o.-ed  :mad:

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just checked my tracking and I got a delayed by weather notice too. Odd thing is that it arrived in my city this morning, but just isn't on the truck for delivery. Hmmm.... I might have to make a little trip down to UPS if it doesn't hop on a truck sometime soon.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Update 7:53AM --I called UPS and told them our weather was fine.  They then informed me that there was no address on the box, just my name and city/zip.  Heavy sigh....I came into work for this!? 

So since they have a zip, its on the way to the main Los Angles facility, but no delivery today.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Ahhh, Jesslyn, I'm so sorry. 
deb

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Jesslyn said:
Update 7:53AM --I called UPS and told them our weather was fine. They then informed me that there was no address on the box, just my name and city/zip. Heavy sigh....I came into work for this!?

So since they have a zip, its on the way to the main Los Angles facility, but no delivery today.
No address on the box? How did that happen ???

1 - 20 of 55 Posts