Kindle Forum banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
And so, to ask the bummer question of the day -- does it fade???

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Leslie,
             C O N G R A T S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    Your the 1st to post...... I am ILL......just received a email
from Amazon at 12:05: " order delayed due to weather or some natural problem "  I went to UPS tracking, it is still
shown on truck for " out for delivery " so.................................will it come or not.  A   R   G   H !!!!

:-\    Brian

PS: Y E S ! ! !  UPS JUST dropped package off @ 4:06pm.....now for the un-wrapping !!  ;D

·
Registered
286 Posts
Hilarious!  As I'm rushing my way back home, I see the FedEx truck.  I stopped him for a sec, and asked him if he delivered any packages to my address.  He said, "Yes, it's at your door."  I knew what it was, and I sprinted to the house before anyone decides to steal it.  I got there and lo and behold, it's my DX!  Woo hoo!

I love it!  It's heavier, but as a fitness-oriented individual, I have no problems with the extra weight.  :p

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Mine arrived at 1:22pm. I also had received the weather delay email, but I didn't read it until after the DX had arrived, so I don't think it means much more than Amazon covering their butts in case bad weather wherever it was did cause a delay.

I'll be playing with mine later today. Got work to do now. Have to pay for the thing somehow, right?

·
Super Moderator
67,703 Posts
brianm. . .Don't Panic. . . .in another thread Leslie said she got an e-mail like that well after she had her DX in hand. . . . .believe UPS. . .they don't say it's on the truck unless it really is, in my experience.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
My DX just came. It came on the early truck. ;D I went to look out the window and saw the UPS truck. I ran around looking for my shoes. Ran down stairs. I did not see the driver anywhere. I went to look in the window of the Laundry Mat next door to see if I could see the package.One of the people saw me looking in the window and pick up two packages. I ran in both packages were mine. I also got the Amazon DX cover. I have it chargeing. I off to play and check it out. So far I love it.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
brianm said:
Leslie,
C O N G R A T S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your the 1st to post...... I am ILL......just received a email
from Amazon at 12:05: " order delayed due to weather or some natural problem " I went to UPS tracking, it is still
shown on truck for " out for delivery " so.................................will it come or not. A R G H !!!!

:-\ Brian
I received that email 90 minutes after I received my Kindle, so don't panic too much, yet!

L

·
Registered
182 Posts
Mine arrived - but I am still in MA.  I will get my hands on it when my flight gets in tomorrow......sigh.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Greg Banks said:
Mine arrived at 1:22pm. I also had received the weather delay email, but I didn't read it until after the DX had arrived, so I don't think it means much more than Amazon covering their butts in case bad weather wherever it was did cause a delay.

I'll be playing with mine later today. Got work to do now. Have to pay for the thing somehow, right?
Yeah, that's what happened to me. I didn't read it until I had already started playing with the Kindle. I was just like, "Oh. Glad that it really didn't get delayed."

41 - 55 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.