Kindle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am brand new to Kindle Boards. I'm studying for an MFA in Writing and a fellow student told me about this site. I write nonfiction. I noticed that most of what is on the Boards is fiction. Is there one at least partially dealing with nonfiction?

Blaine

·
Registered
35 Posts
Welcome! Don't worry, you'll get the hang of it soon enough. Spend some time looking at other posts and don't be afraid to ask questions. The Kindle Boards help staff is great!

Good Luck!
-Linda

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
Hey Blaine,

Seems like most of indie publishing for Kindle is fiction, so that will be the most common kind of thread; there's a decent market for nonfiction though. A large part of my writing and sales are actually nonfiction.

Anyway, welcome! 

·
Registered
58 Posts
Welcome Blaine!

I know there's a variety of writers on this board, some who appear very willing to discuss non-fiction as well. As some folks have said, there are some talented authors who write a bit of both! Just peek around (I know there's a lot to take in).

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
blaine said:
I am brand new to Kindle Boards. I'm studying for an MFA in Writing and a fellow student told me about this site. I write nonfiction. I noticed that most of what is on the Boards is fiction. Is there one at least partially dealing with nonfiction?

Blaine
Hi Blaine, and welcome. This is a great community; questions are welcome and you'll often get a lot of helpful advice, especially if you do your homework (search the boards for similar threads/questions). As for NF, a lot of the tips/tricks/methods for publishing are similar enough to fiction that you'll find much of it applicable to you. There is a small band of NF writers or F/NF hybrid authors (myself included), but we all just tend to hang out with the fiction purists ;)

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Welcome to KB!

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Hi Blaine,

Welcome to the boards!  Nice to meet you.  Congrats on working towards your MFA.  You will find that there are enough experienced and insightful authors here that almost anything that you can ask, they will know the answer to.  No need for a NF subsection!  Visit often and you will get a wealth of information.  Enjoy the community! 

Lee

·
Registered
12,235 Posts
Hello Blaine. Welcome to Kindle boards. Most of the writers around here do focus on fiction but we also have some great nonfiction writers around. Just hop over to the Writers Cafe area and dive in.  :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts