Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the K2 won't have folders and will presumably be much the same as K1 that way, I'd like to ask a question about scanning book content since the K2 will be my first Kindle.

Let's say you have 500 books on your Kindle.  I've already read online here how you can sort by author or title.  Does that also mean you have to sort through page after page after page (assuming 500+ books) even if you're sorting by author or title, presuming you have a variety of authors....OR can you skip ahead by sorting by alpha letter first, i.e. jump to all books starting with "T" ?

Thanks.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Yes, you can type in the first letter and jump to that page. You can also type in a page number and jump to that page too.

·
Registered
9,362 Posts
TM said:
Yes, you can type in the first letter and jump to that page. You can also type in a page number and jump to that page too.
My experience is that this works only from the home page and not in the content manager - in content manager I can get as far as alt9 to get to page 9 but have to page through the next 20 pages if I'm trying to find something. I "delete" books when I finish to keep from cluttering up the home pages, but often go back to content manager to check what I have from a specific author or how many of a series I already have.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Both also work on the Klassic Kindle.

·
Registered
9,362 Posts
intinst said:
Both also work on the Klassic Kindle.
Do you mean both as in letter or number on the home page or both as in either the home page or content manager? If both in the home page and content manager, what am I doing wrong? Thanks!

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
On the home page, either letter or number work.
On the content manager, only the page number seems to work.

·
Registered
788 Posts
crebel said:
Do you mean both as in letter or number on the home page or both as in either the home page or content manager? If both in the home page and content manager, what am I doing wrong? Thanks!
Your books will need to be sorted by author or title to use a letter, from what I understand.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
I just get on the home page do a search for the book title, or part of the title, or author.  Then it shows up on search page, saves me a lot of time, plus it sjpws anything that is being indexed so I can tell if it is repeating indexing the same book.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts