Kindle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry guys, I am sure with all the many discussions of m-edge this has been covered,
but 12 pages in from my search I got tired of looking and thought I'd just ask! :)

I just got the pebbled mocha with saddle leather executive jacket and don't like the way it folds back.
The spine kind of "bubbles" or "bumps out" when I fold it back and the leather separates from the grey lining.
Is this normal?  Will the leather eventually soften up and fold back smoothly with the lining?

Thanks in advance!
Theresa

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
It didn't for me at all. I was seriously disappointed with the M-Edge when they redesigned it.

I gave it to my daughter and she seems to like it. The fact it doesn't fold back completely flat doesn't bother her at all.

This is why I'm hesitant to purchase another M-Edge, although I do have a Prodigy cover on order.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have one that folds fat and is very comfortable.  I have another one that is still stiff and does not fold flat.  There is about a 1/2" bulk on the left side.  I am hoping that as it is used more it will bend better.  I've been thinking about warming it with a hair dryer while folded over to see of that will help.  Can't ruin it, might help it?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your responses.  Sounds like some fold flat and some don't. 
Guess I got a "bad" one, and the way it folds over really bugs me. :(
Oh well, back to the original cover for me.  At least it folds back flat. :-\

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
My m-edge does not fold flat.  But I like it that way.  The way mine folds makes it possible to prop it and stand alone.  I like it the way it is.  My Oberon folds flat. 
deb

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
I've had 3, one of which I sent back and had replaced because of the folding issue. The other two fold back perfectly although the red leather is softer and the spine does have some wrinkles in it. The pebbled saddle is sturdier and still looks brand new. The one that was replaced kind of had two natural places it wanted to fold back, one giving a wide ledge and one that was right up against the Kindle. Neither one of these natural lines were straight though and that caused the back cover to be crooked and was very annoying.

If your leather is separating from the lining, I would definitely contact M-edge for a replacement. When your new one comes, fold it back very carefully exactly where you want it and break it in. That first folding seems to determine where it's going to want to fall forever. It reminds me of when my boys got a new baseball cap and they would shape the brim very carefully. Good luck.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I have an M-Edge that I love!  :D

When I first got it, I had to fold it back being careful where to put the crease on the left side. Then I put it on a table and pushed it down hard a few times to set it in. It took a few more days to lay completely flat but now it does really well and I still have the 1 inch of extra space on the left side to hold onto when reading.

If you haven't tried pushing it down hard, give it a try.

·
Registered
723 Posts
love2read said:
I have an M-Edge that I love! :D

When I first got it, I had to fold it back being careful where to put the crease on the left side. Then I put it on a table and pushed it down hard a few times to set it in. It took a few more days to lay completely flat but now it does really well and I still have the 1 inch of extra space on the left side to hold onto when reading.

If you haven't tried pushing it down hard, give it a try.
Now I have a plan!

Thanks,
Eric

1 - 8 of 8 Posts