Kindle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
10,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that KB has convinced me that my K2 can't possibly survive without a skin, I've been looking at the Decalgirl site, and actually managed to narrow it down to a dozen that I like.  (I wish there were some way I could see just those side by side to better compare them.)

I gather that re-using them is possible but not advisable.  So buying a few and changing them to suit the day's mood doesn't appear to be an option.  But lots of people seem to be buying multiple skins.  Hmmm....  is this just a fashion thing, that you get tired of one after a few weeks/months and want a new design?  Or do they wear out from constant handling?  I've never seen a post that mentioned a skin getting worn around the edges or anything, though. 

So what's the deal with the multiple skins?  Is this kind of like shoes, that you can't have too many, even if it defies logic?  And all enabler jokes aside, is there some practical reason why having more than one is a good idea? 

· Registered
10,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for clarifying that. Nice to know I really only "need" one.

BUT WHICH ONE?? <wail> I can't make up my mind!!

At least I've narrowed it down to ten.

· Registered
10,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
pomlover2586 said:
So post pics and we'll help!! LOL ;D
But... but.... then I'd have to figure out how to do links here...

Well, I guess it'll have to happen sometime. Maybe even tonight.

· Registered
10,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Octochick said:
I agree with this. You can right click and open the pics of your favorites, then copy the url and post between the brackets of the "picture" tool. On the full reply page...There is also a thread called something like "Post pics of your skins" looking through that might help.
Thanks for explaining that before I even asked :)
I remember seeing a how-to somewhere (during the Great Egg Hunt), but didn't recall where. I'm glad I don't have to search all over again!

· Registered
10,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK, not that I think anybody really cares what skin I pick (and if you do, you need to get out more), but I'm doing this for the practice of figuring out how to do image links. And if anybody wants to weigh in and tell me that any of these doesn't really look good on the K2, feel free.

These are the nine I like (at least at this moment). Three that were already deleted are Plum Royal (too dark) and Red Plaid (I like the pattern, but it's not symmetric and that would bug me) and the Tie-dye (too much of a good thing -- if only they had a one-color tie-dye, like maybe purple/white, or blue/white).

I wish they made the Pink Tranquility in turquoise, that would be my pick!

· Registered
10,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Darn, that didn't work at all, did it!  The image links show up when I hit "modify", so they're there, but they don't show up in the actual post.  See, I knew I needed the practice.  Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong?

· Registered
10,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Trying again.....

Susan in VA said:
OK, not that I think anybody really cares what skin I pick (and if you do, you need to get out more), but I'm doing this for the practice of figuring out how to do image links. And if anybody wants to weigh in and tell me that any of these doesn't really look good on the K2, feel free.

These are the nine I like (at least at this moment). Three that were already deleted are Plum Royal (too dark) and Red Plaid (I like the pattern, but it's not symmetric and that would bug me) and the Tie-dye (too much of a good thing -- if only they had a one-color tie-dye, like maybe purple/white, or blue/white).

I wish they made the Pink Tranquility in turquoise, that would be my pick!

· Registered
10,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Hurrah, it worked!  Feeling much less technically challenged now.  So maybe I'll even add a pic to my profile :eek:  

· Registered
10,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Harvey said:
Nice work, Susan!

(No need for you to do this, but FYI I added our DecalGirl affiliate link so that your images are clickable into the DecalGirl site.)
Thanks, Harvey! :)

· Registered
10,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Octochick said:
Good for you...once you figure this stuff out, it gets easier... I really like that wood one, I have a thing for
teak and mid century danish modern wood things and it reminds me of that. I also find the iris one very interesting and the last blue. I think darker colors work better, for me at least. Less distracting but does depend on your cover choice. Did you decide on a cover? I would pick that before I picked a skin.
Funny, I usually don't like fake wood grain at all (though I do like wood, except for mahogany), but on the Kindle it does look good. If anybody reading this has one of the wood skins, do you like it? Or does it look too fake?

Right now I'm leaning toward either the first turquoise or the last dark blue, but that could change...

Good point about picking a cover to match. I think I'll go with a BB case for now, and I guess I should go browse those today... I just found out that it will be another WEEK before my Kindle arrives, so that will be like a little appetizer :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.