Kindle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,486 Posts
The only way I could ever write in a coffee shop is if I'm the only one in it.  I live in Japan and in the Starbucks by the station I always see the same foreigners, sitting on their own, gleefully tapping away on their laptops.  I don't know how they do it.  I've tried, but I can't even read a book because I'm constantly people-watching.  I love the whole Bohemian styling of it all, but for me personally the best way to write is to be on my own in a cabin in the middle of a forest.  :)

· Registered
1,486 Posts
Saying that, it's a great place to find characters.  You can just sit there with a notebook and write down all the oddballs!

That's a great story, by the way.  I actually know a guy out here who got into one of those situations a few years back.  The husband filmed him, but otherwise didn't "participate".  For all I know he was recruited in the Starbucks, I don't know ... :eek:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.