Kindle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is from Today's (March 14th) Free Press. (Well, online anyway)

Quote:"
QUESTION: I am considering the purchase of a Kindle. Will the Free Press subscribe to that service? I think it would fit your business model to a T. Thank you.

Henry Augustaitis, Ann Arbor

ANSWER: We are looking at e-readers, including the Kindle, which we plan to have available within 30 days. We know this is an important option for our readers and we hope to have news on this delivery method soon."

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote: "Isn't the Detroit paper the one that cut down home delivery to only 3 days a week?"

Yup.  Both of them.  Detroit has two main papers, The Detroit News and the Detroit Free Press.  Both cut their deliveries down, and both have said they are going to make a Kindle version.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,280 Posts
Newbie Girl said:
That's interesting. I live a couple of hours from Detroit and hadn't even heard they cut delivered- don't pay a lot of attention to thinks outside my little world, obviously. Was this a cost savings move?
I believe so, yes.

L
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
493 Posts
Newbie Girl said:
That's interesting. I live a couple of hours from Detroit and hadn't even heard they cut delivered- don't pay a lot of attention to thinks outside my little world, obviously. Was this a cost savings move?
I believe it was a compassionate move. People in Detroit are depressed enough. No need to be aggravating that condition with news.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Encender Vaquero said:
I believe it was a compassionate move. People in Detroit are depressed enough. No need to be aggravating that condition with news.
Heh, you got THAT right! Many, many lives here in the area hinge on the auto industry not going under. Not just GM/Chrysler Employees.

But with things in the paper looking bleak we always have our sports teams to cheer us up...the Lions and Tigers... ::)

(For people who don't know, they are bleak too.) :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
493 Posts
Crodley said:
Heh, you got THAT right! Many, many lives here in the area hinge on the auto industry not going under. Not just GM/Chrysler Employees.

But with things in the paper looking bleak we always have our sports teams to cheer us up...the Lions and Tigers... ::)

(For people who don't know, they are bleak too.) :)
Bravo on you collective resilience! I'm amazed you guys aren't going over the cliffs like lemmings.. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
426 Posts
It would be great if they could put these papers on a Kindle!  Even though it is a bit depressing around here, I just fly through those sections so it doesn't make it worse.  And remember we have the Red Wings.  ;D

When I received notice that the paper was going to 3 days, I checked out the electronic version.  Its nice. I called and told them that they I would prefer receiving Sunday only (gotta have the coupons :) )  It saves me from recycling all those papers.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,329 Posts
Crodley said:
Quote: "Isn't the Detroit paper the one that cut down home delivery to only 3 days a week?"

Yup. Both of them. Detroit has two main papers, The Detroit News and the Detroit Free Press. Both cut their deliveries down, and both have said they are going to make a Kindle version.
The two papers have had a joint operating agreement since the 80s.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top