Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All DTB Authors:

I just joined a group of authors on Operation Desert Swap, who are adopting American combat soldiers serving in Iraq, sending them a copy of a book for them to read and swap with their comrades. Each author adopts one soldier. If any author is interested in supporting this effort, here's the website - all the information and sign up sheets are there.

http://operationdesertswap.webs.com

Thanks
Edward C. Patterson

·
Registered
13,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A little more info on this. It is due to start in October and there is a hope to have 83 authors on board. Your book would begin the support, plus one letter a month, a card at Christmas time and one care package a year. The idea of a library of 83 books being established for the troops, who then swap them and discuss them, is really a nice and lost cost ay to support our troops. And you become a famous author, your letter can be sold on the Antiques Road show.  ;D

Edward C. Patterson

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
GREAT idea, Ed!

I'd love to participate--I wonder, though, if a YA-crossover epic fantasy would be something they'd enjoy. I'm in if they are!

'Archer'

·
Super Moderator
67,251 Posts
A lot of soldiers can't legally drink alcohol. . . .so 'young adult' would probably be just fine. .;D . .and my experience is that they are generally very much fans of fantasy and sci fi. . . .. .

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Ann in Arlington said:
A lot of soldiers can't legally drink alcohol. . . .so 'young adult' would probably be just fine. .;D . .and my experience is that they are generally very much fans of fantasy and sci fi. . . .. .
Woo-hoo! Count me in! It's the very least I can do.

·
Registered
13,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
On the website the more favored Genres are listed. I, of course, questioned my books because of the gay-theme that permeates them I was asked just not to have anything to suexually provocative 9tat is explicit) as these brave warriors are frusted as it is. Of course, my books are never explicit and The Jade Owl Legacy is fantasy adventure, so I went with that. I'm glad of the response. Keep 'em coming. This is L. Ownes brain child (I'm just a recruit like you all are), however, I'm leaning the request into all my networks, and if you jon up, I uge you to do the same.

Ed Patterson

·
Registered
936 Posts
Ed, do you think a paranormal/romantic suspense fits in?  My action piece is too tiny and I don't think I could get my larger action/adventure stuff off of paper, onto computer and into book form in time for October. (Just don't type as fast as I used to).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts