Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw an ad...all new.  Check your local listings for times or go to www.bravotv.com

Betsy

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
I've never had cable or satellite.  I bought one DVD series of The Actors Studio.  Highly disappointed.  I just don't "get" what is so great about James Lipton.  (Same thing with Baba Wawa.  Ever worth $1MM?  NOT.  Nowheres near.)  I thought all four of the interviews were boring.  Acting is something I'm interested in.  Never have myself though.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Sandpiper said:
I've never had cable or satellite. I bought one DVD series of The Actors Studio. Highly disappointed. I just don't "get" what is so great about James Lipton. (Same thing with Baba Wawa. Ever worth $1MM? NOT. Nowheres near.) I thought all four of the interviews were boring. Acting is something I'm interested in. Never have myself though.
I certainly agree with you about Baba Wawa (Thank you Gilda Radner). I never could understand her appeal, her voice, her style ... and she's even worse on The View.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sandpiper said:
I've never had cable or satellite. I bought one DVD series of The Actors Studio. Highly disappointed. I just don't "get" what is so great about James Lipton. (Same thing with Baba Wawa. Ever worth $1MM? NOT. Nowheres near.) I thought all four of the interviews were boring. Acting is something I'm interested in. Never have myself though.
Well, James Lipton aside, some HP the movie fans may want to watch. (Love the Actor Studio myself, but different strokes, your mileage may vary,etc, etc.) In an attempt to keep this on topic... ::) It's on at 8PM eastern time, I believe.

Betsy

·
Registered
273 Posts
Thanks for the info. Going to set up the DVR.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Speaking of Dan:

The jeans we told you Equus star Dan Radcliffe would be auctioning off at one of his performances ended up selling for $950. DanRadcliffe.com has this report:

It was hilarious: they started the bid at $50, and it kept going up and up and finally looked like it was going to stop at about $700ish but then it kept battling between these two guys and finally one guy was like "IF HE SIGNS THEM I'LL GIVE $800" and Daniel got really really excited and was like "YES I WILL SIGN THEM!!" and was jumping around on stage! It was so cute! But then the price kept jumping up and finally settled at $950. I have to say, it was adorable to see Daniel so genuinely excited, and he was so funny too! at one point as the bidding was going on he went, "come on now! you all know what happens in these jeans at the end of the first act!"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts