Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was sitting there drinking my coffee, eating my bagel, when I opened the Washington Post to the Style section and saw this picture:

For more on this:
http://tinyurl.com/janeaustenzombie

Betsy

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Same here, I'm currently reading Emma and P&P is next on my TBR list.  Not a big zombie fan, but I'm sure someone will love it, and probably review it here for us.
deb 

·
Registered
17 Posts
One can only imagine the severity of the tremors that zombies have en-cited in Mrs. Bennets person.  And in that world of imagination I will have to remain .... as I am sure that Mr. Darcy would NEVER approve the reading of such a tale.

Tami  ;D

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ann in Arlington said:
I didn't recognize the "tiny URL". . . .oh well. . . . :)

Ann
Yes, I did the tinyurl thing because the link I had was sooooooo long, maybe because I did a search on their website to find the article. I should have identified it as a Washington Post article.

Betsy

·
Registered
388 Posts
I confess, I had never read the original, but downloaded a free version for my Kindle, and then bought the Zombie version!  They are on my TBR list.

It's really strange, but about a month ago a friend and I were at a SciFi convention, (as usual the conversation got rather weird, not unusual at a con!) and we were talking about Jane Austen and zombies, and how it would make an interesting movie.  Not two weeks later I saw a review of this book!  Someone must be reading my mind.  :D

·
Registered
137 Posts
tlrowley said:
I'm loving P&P&Z - but you have to go into it with the intention to be amused. It's a comedy novel, really, more so than a classic or a zombie novel.
I have to agree - I downloaded the sample with the intent to ridicule the premise (Jane Austen and Zombies!! Really?!), but found myself giggling through it. Would be a nice cheeky beach read for a future vacation.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
RangerXenos said:
It's really strange, but about a month ago a friend and I were at a SciFi convention, (as usual the conversation got rather weird, not unusual at a con!) and we were talking about Jane Austen and zombies, and how it would make an interesting movie. Not two weeks later I saw a review of this book! Someone must be reading my mind. :D
LOL! That's funny because a friend at work was just telling me about this yesterday! (We've wasted quite a bit of time arguing about the best plan of action should zombies attack while we are at work.) I told him that I enjoy a good zombie story as much as the next girl, but the idea of them running through Pride and Prejudice still seems a little weird!

·
Registered
388 Posts
You wouldn't happen to be from CT, would you?  Same above mentioned friend mentioned that they had been talking about zombies and what to do if they attacked at work recently.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
This is the conversation I'm missing by not having a permanent office, classics and zombies? 
Seriously, where do you all work?
deb

·
Registered
388 Posts
drenee said:
This is the conversation I'm missing by not having a permanent office, classics and zombies?
deb
Sadly I don't have many zombie conversations where I work, they already think I'm weird!

I save my interesting conversations for when I'm with my friends, who understand the scary way my mind works!

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
RangerXenos said:
You wouldn't happen to be from CT, would you? Same above mentioned friend mentioned that they had been talking about zombies and what to do if they attacked at work recently.
LOL! Nope, I'm in TX. It is very important to have these conversations in your workplace, though, wherever you live. If you're not in on the plan, your coworkers will push you down and run. ;D

drenee said:
deb
LOL! I'm an engineer, and most of my coworkers are guys, if that helps explain it.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.