Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are you planning to do with your original? Sell it or give it away? I'm keeping mine for anyone else in the family who wants to use it. I think I'll be loaning it to my mom for awhile even though she swears she won't be able to work the thing. I'm just curious to hear what everyone plans to do with theirs.

Melissa

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
meljackson said:
What are you planning to do with your original? Sell it or give it away? I'm keeping mine for anyone else in the family who wants to use it. I think I'll be loaning it to my mom for awhile even though she swears she won't be able to work the thing. I'm just curious to hear what everyone plans to do with theirs.

Melissa
When I'm ready for the K2, I will probably sell mine. ;)

·
Registered
788 Posts
Personally I'm not upgrading, but from the sheer glut of used Kindles on ebay and amazon.com, I think the average consensus is "sell!"

·
Registered
118 Posts
I am trying to convince my darling boyfriend to adopt mine. He's an avid reader but staunchly resists the Kindle for whatever reasons he can come up with that day. He's just stubborn.  :p

If that doesn't happen, I'll try to sell it.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I can't imagine getting rid of mine...it has memories attached to it! A month in Europe last fall, a couple of business trips....I am interested in the Whispersync feature and using both my classic and the K2.

L

·
Registered
192 Posts
The only reason I was able to justify this to myself is the my husband said that he would adopt my first Kindle.  I assume that he will continue to use his Sony too, but why?  Also, with both of us with Kindles we can share books again.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I sold Anabel here on KindleBoards so I could afford K2.

I feel so guilty!  I named her!  We were inseparable.  We bonded.  I dressed her up pretty and we did everything together.  I feel like I've cheated on her, but worse.  I sold her like she was a mere electronic device.

I really hope her new owner cherishes her like I did.  In the morning she will be on her way to Texas.  At least she is going to a warmer climate.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I am so undecided -- keep K1 or buy K2 -- oh my gosh.  Sometimes I am the queen of gotta-have-it-now.  If I do by K2, I have a young niece -- going to school -- broke -- who loves to read.  I am guessing she would like K1!  Yikes its beginning to sound like a real decision!

·
Registered
455 Posts
I am keeping Ken. I thought about selling him or gifting him to a family member who would appreciate him, but I just don't think I will be able to part with him. So, I will probably use the K1 when K2 is charging, or when I forget to charge K2. Or who knows?? I may buck up and give K1 to my son if I can find enough age appropriate material as he is only 11. I guess that makes me undecided...lol!

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
kim said:
I sold Anabel here on KindleBoards so I could afford K2.

I feel so guilty! I named her! We were inseparable. We bonded. I dressed her up pretty and we did everything together. I feel like I've cheated on her, but worse. I sold her like she was a mere electronic device.

I really hope her new owner cherishes her like I did. In the morning she will be on her way to Texas. At least she is going to a warmer climate.
LOL! Did you see my I'm Kindle-Less post from last night? I sold Edgar! Edgar! My beloved cross-dressing Kindle (he liked pink)! I sold and shipped him out in no time flat. He's on his way to Alabama and his new owner should have him in the morning.

I know EXACTLY how you're feeling right now. Are you naming your new Kindle Anabel? The guilt is keeping me from naming this one Edgar (plus I think it's a girl)

·
Registered
213 Posts
Leslie said:
Anabel and Edgar are going to be lovers in their next Kindle lives...
and be renamed Abelard and Heloise...

For now I plan to keep both kindles. K1 will be my back up and stay-at-home kindle, K2 will go everywhere else with me. I love the Oberon cover on K1 so much it's hard to think of selling it, which is weird logic I know (keeping a device because of the accessory..). I probably won't get another Oberon cover for K2 because the very slim form factor is part of the attraction for me - for slipping into small pockets in briefcases and such. So keeping K1 is also keeping Oberon. Eventually I hope to find a good home for K1 with a friend or family member.

Funny thing is, I debated for literally months whether I should spend so much money for an e-book reader, then decided almost instantly to get K2 even though it made even less financial sense because I already had a perfectly good K1. I think it's because I knew for certain I'd love it and use it daily, whereas K1 was an experiment. Plus I had the tax return - sort of like free money, no need to find the $360 in my normal budget. Of course I should have put the tax return into savings but there you go. Impulse won.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.