Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How crisp are the graphics? I just received mine (Superstar)and am disappointed with how grainy it looks. The words are blurry and the color spotted (like pixilated) and it just looks cheesy instead of cool. It's hard to tell on the website photo because you can't zoom in. So what I'm wondering is if this is typical of all the skins, or maybe just this pattern. Or, maybe their printer was running low on ink or something and it still made it's way in the mail to me.

I'm going to return it, but If other designs are more crisp and clean, then I'd like to try a different one,  know what I mean? How is the printing on yours?

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I have Water Lillies.  It is really nice.  No grainy-ness at all.  Nice vibrant colors.  I'm very pleased.  Maybe you got one from a bad "batch".
debbie

·
Registered
433 Posts
I haven't had that problem. I'd be interested in seeing yours if you can post it.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Panjo said:
I'm going to return it, but If other designs are more crisp and clean, then I'd like to try a different one, know what I mean? How is the printing on yours?
I would suggest you email them and even send a picture. Ask if this is typical of this design or if you just a bad one. They will probably send you another without making you send that one back.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great, thanks for the responses. I can't find my memory card for the camera, but I'll borrow my moms tomorrow and take a picture of it and email the company.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have crest. It is super clear, crisp and beautiful. No wear and tear after being on for a couple months either. I have it paired with the Oberon Tree of Life cover.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Mine is Crest. I would have to say that it is not a sharp image, and the printed words are pixelated.

I have posted small images here; if you click on them you can see the very large image on my Flickr account. They both clearly shows the pixels in the graphics. The second picture is of the Next Page button on the left side of the Kindle, the writing is not easy to read at its normal size.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
My Kindle skin is very crisp, it's a very graphic design, not meant to have any 3d look.

My Acer Aspire skin is fine too, a much different style

Betsy

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
I think the skins are beautiful. I haven't bought one yet. I know a lot of you have them. Did it take time to get used to the skin? Was it distracting?  ??? I really want one, just haven't decided which one yet.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
I liken putting a skin on your Kindle to your spouse having a new haircut.  For awhile it's distracting, but eventually your spouse looks like your spouse again and you don't notice the hair.

Betsy

·
Registered
81 Posts
Kathy said:
I think the skins are beautiful. I haven't bought one yet. I know a lot of you have them. Did it take time to get used to the skin? Was it distracting? ??? I really want one, just haven't decided which one yet.
You might want to wait a week or two to pick one, as several of us here (http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,1933.0.html) have requested some new patterns in the Kindle format. Their customer service department says they should be up in a week or two. So maybe your "perfect" one is one of those! :)

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
wavsite said:
You might want to wait a week or two to pick one, as several of us here (http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,1933.0.html) have requested some new patterns in the Kindle format. Their customer service department says they should be up in a week or two. So maybe your "perfect" one is one of those! :)
Yes, I have been watching that topic. That is why I'm getting antsy with waiting. I really like some of the ones that are being requested.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
I liken putting a skin on your Kindle to your spouse having a new haircut. For awhile it's distracting, but eventually your spouse looks like your spouse again and you don't notice the hair.

Betsy
Good analogy! I don't know if I know what my hubby looks like anymore. I'm spending all my time at KindleBoards or reading. He keeps going around saying "I must be talking to myself". I just hmm at him and he laughs.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I also received the superstar skin this week.  I tried to take pictures to post - but couldn't get them to look as nice as my Kindle does in person.  My graphics are very clean and clear.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Kathy said:
I think the skins are beautiful. I haven't bought one yet. I know a lot of you have them. Did it take time to get used to the skin? Was it distracting? ??? I really want one, just haven't decided which one yet.
Kathy,
I have the Water Lillies skin. Dark in comparison to the white Kindle. I had the same worry, but did not find it distracting at all. Good luck in trying to make a choice.
debbie

1 - 20 of 36 Posts