Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please, try to stay calm. I understand your frustration. It's very hard to sit there and watch everyone else get a shipping notice, especially people who ordered after you or a slower shipping method...But, try not to get too upset yet. You just may be in a later batch. They're still sending out notices and they can ship pretty late in the day and still get it to you on time. In the past, I've gotten shipping notices as late as midnight and had my package the next day.

I haven't noticed a method to their madness, and I've been trying to since last night. Whatever system they're using, I think they're trying very hard to get EVERYONE shipped today. Some of you that ordered 2nd day will probably get lucky and get it tomorrow too. It doesn't appear that Amazon is updating the delivery estimate, so when you do get your shipping notice, the estimated delivery date will probably still be off.

But most importantly, focus on the fact that Leslie got her shipping notice, so that means that she gets to start updating the FAQ tomorrow!  ;D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi all! I'm a brand new member here.. and no kindle yet. But I've been visiting KB from 9th when I placed my order for K2.

I still haven't got the email yet. And while I am not in such a hurry to get it(mine is 2-day ship.. So, I'll get it on Thursday for sure), but since almost everyone else got their emails already, I had to call them to see what's going on! :)

They said that their last shipment is going out at 5 o'clock. I called at 3PST and he was in Virginia.. so not sure what he meant when he said last one is still going out at 5. Anyway, he said that my order had shipping number since 19th. And It should've been out to ship on 19th, but I changed my shipping method 2-3 times last week and the system got confused!  ;D He checked again and said that my order is definitely going out today and I'll be getting it on 25th!

·
Registered
116 Posts
I am on the west coast in Vancouver, WA just outside of Portland OR.  I am a Kindle 1 owner and ordered on the 9th.  I selected next day air.  Says it is supposed to arrive on the 25th but I have not received an e.mail as of 3:12pm PST.  Oh well.... :-(

Chris

·
Registered
377 Posts
I'm trying to be reasonable, but it is hard! No shipping notice for me, either, obviously.
Amazon CS did tell me that if for some reason my K2 doesn't ship today/arrive tomorrow to call them and they will refund my next day shipping charges.
They can keep my $18 dollars - I want my K2! :'( :'( :'(

·
Registered
737 Posts
Chris said:
I am on the west coast in Vancouver, WA just outside of Portland OR. I am a Kindle 1 owner and ordered on the 9th. I selected next day air. Says it is supposed to arrive on the 25th but I have not received an e.mail as of 3:12pm PST. Oh well.... :-(

Chris
PDX here. Ordered on 16th, Kindle newbie. Two day shipping.

New K2 is on the way!! Got all the notices. Should be here Wednesday.

You should have used the address of a friend in PDX!! You know the folks in Seattle hate you folks in Vancouver more than us in PDX.

I'm going to be sitting on the curb waiting for the UPS driver, so don't even think about it!!! ;)

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Welcome ripal! Glad you are here. Please go to Intro/Welcome Board and make an introduction, you will receive a warm KB welcome. Congrats on your Kindle, you are gonna love it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hi davem2bits....  Lovely weather we are having....

The only thing I can think that is going on is that I ordered an Amazon case with mine and maybe if you have 2 items then it somehow takes longer for them to package it up.  Both show a Feb 25th delivery but no e.mail.

That's what I get for decided to spend more money with Amazon to get the Kindle and the case...  :(

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I ordered the case and a K2 and got the shipping notice today...I got the email and my status at Amazon changed at 11 am EST, but the notice said it was scanned at the facility at 5:37 am...so there was a lag. Just so you know. There are still hours left in the day, especially for you west coast folks.

L

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Leslie

My email said the same times as yours but only for the case and that was coming from Whitestown  IN  I'm sure I'll get the Kindle on the 25Th  (one day shipping.)

Tessa

P.S. I ordered both at the same time

·
Registered
737 Posts
Chris said:
Hi davem2bits.... Lovely weather we are having....

The only thing I can think that is going on is that I ordered an Amazon case with mine and maybe if you have 2 items then it somehow takes longer for them to package it up. Both show a Feb 25th delivery but no e.mail.

That's what I get for decided to spend more money with Amazon to get the Kindle and the case... :(
Long as we don't get any white stuff before my K2 arrives!! I'll take the usual.

Didn't order a cover.
Here is my post for a cover suggestions:
http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,562.msg87277.html#msg87277

·
Registered
377 Posts
I received an email for my cover, which I also ordered 2/9, but via super saver shipping.  My K2, however, which I paid next day shipping for, is still 'shipping soon'.  Frustration, anyone??? :'(

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I ordered a cover took it out and ordered it and took it out -- probably I have the system all confused on my order --- typical of my luck  ::)

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have been sending free books and some purchased books to my K2 so it would be loaded.  I wonder if that could by the hang-up???

???

·
Registered
737 Posts
slh92462 said:
I have been sending free books and some purchased books to my K2 so it would be loaded. I wonder if that could by the hang-up???
Yep, I've warned others about that, you've already maxed out your credit card haven't you!!! ;)

How much spare change do you have around the house?

·
Registered
377 Posts
IT'S ON ITS WAY!!  I didn't order until 2/21, but I got the shipping notice at 6:55 tonight.  It left Campbellsville, KY at 3:44 this afternoon.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Even though I did not order a K2 ... I can feel your pain  :'(  haha.

·
Registered
111 Posts
davem2bits said:
Yep, I've warned others about that, you've already maxed out your credit card haven't you!!! ;)

How much spare change do you have around the house?
I cleaned out my desk drawer and put all my change in a Subway bag and am headed to CoinStar tonight. ;D

The K2 hit my debit card on 2/19 so we are all cool with that.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Even though I did not order a K2 ... I can feel your pain   :'(  haha.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts