Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I now have 2 kindles registered to my account.  ???

I went to order a book with one-click and noticed that the default was set to my second kindle.

HELLO, I DON'T HAVE A SECOND KINDLE YET HOW CAN I SEND A BOOK TO IT. lol

Seriously how can they register a kindle to my account that doesn't exist yet?

Unless.................it does exist and shipping is eminent?!?!

·
Registered
780 Posts
They add the new Kindle as soon as it is ordered, same thing happened when I ordered my mother's KK and my K2. I don't think it is really registered yet since it does not have a serial number or complete email address, although you can send books to it if you are not careful. They add those things just before shipping right about when they tell you that you can not change your order.

Lynn L

·
Registered
921 Posts
Yep, happened to me when I ordered my Kindle2 as well.  Very annoying.  You need to click the dropdown menu to send anything you buy from the website to the correct Kindle.

Easy fix - change the name of your current Kindle so it comes first alphabetically (ahead of whatever the new one is called).  That way your dropdown will default to the first name alphabetically.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So shipping my DX isn't eminent yet? :(

And just to clarify when you say add those things do you mean the completed kindle email address?

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Forster said:
So shipping my DX isn't eminent yet? :(

And just to clarify when you say add those things do you mean the completed kindle email address?
Email address and serial number.

L

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
JetJammer said:
Yep, happened to me when I ordered my Kindle2 as well. Very annoying. You need to click the dropdown menu to send anything you buy from the website to the correct Kindle.

Easy fix - change the name of your current Kindle so it comes first alphabetically (ahead of whatever the new one is called). That way your dropdown will default to the first name alphabetically.
That is a great idea!

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
This is my third Kindle I am ordering for another person so I knew that the new Kindle would be there early. I am planning on sharing my account with my Parents so I didn't deregister my Mom's. I simply change it to Mom's Kindle.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
JetJammer said:
Yep, happened to me when I ordered my Kindle2 as well. Very annoying. You need to click the dropdown menu to send anything you buy from the website to the correct Kindle.

Easy fix - change the name of your current Kindle so it comes first alphabetically (ahead of whatever the new one is called). That way your dropdown will default to the first name alphabetically.
what I did since K1 was Athena and K2 is Minerva I put a * in front of Minerva so she shows up first

1 - 9 of 9 Posts