Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who enjoyed Twilight by Stephanie Meyer, she has posted the partial draft of "Midnight Sun" on her website. Evidently the draft was illegally posted to the internet and she has abandoned the book. It was to be the Twilight story from Edward's perspective. She has posted it for all to read. Here is the link:

http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/midnightsun.html

·
Registered
122 Posts
I had this in PDF form and transferred it to my Kindle via Amazon. It has some glitches, but transfers well. It's unfortunate that she isn't planning on continuing it, I rather like hearing Edward's point of view.

Nemo

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I also transfered to my Kindle.  I agree.  I am disappointed that she has decided to abandon the book.  It is really interesting to get the other perspective.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Thanks for the info.  I just downloaded the PDF and had it translated from my Kindle.
First time I had anything translated, boy was that easy.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I am unable to access this with my adobe... been having problems with my PC lately  ???.. is there anyone that is able to email it to me so I can transfer to my K2?
thanks

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
How far was she into midnight sun before she quit?? Is she planning to start over or just write a totally new book or is the series finished?

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
koolmnbv said:
How far was she into midnight sun before she quit?? Is she planning to start over or just write a totally new book or is the series finished?
Here is the information from her website. She has put Midnight Sun on hold indefinitely.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Thanks! I had downloaded this before and forgotten about it! I am going to send it to my Kindle now!

·
Registered
321 Posts
I loved the 12 chapters of MS that SM started. I am hoping she's finishing it in secret. I think it's better than any of the TW books & it's permanently on my Kindle.

Edward is a far more fascinating character in MS than he was in TW & gives a great insight into the rest of the Cullens too. One day I plan to read it side by side with Twilight to see Bella's & Edward's POVs together.

·
Registered
321 Posts
patchymama said:
I thought she stated already that she was going to finish it. I remember an update post to her site saying so on the main page, but they don't archive them I guess. I hope so, I liked it better than Twilight.
She has said that she might start working on it again after all the fuss dies down and people stop talking about it for 2 years or more; so every time I see another article about it, I cringe and think it might delay her longer. Like I said, I just hope she's doing it in secret somewhere. I'd actually like all the books from Edward's POV but that's just greedy.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
danfan said:
Edward is a far more fascinating character in MS than he was in TW & gives a great insight into the rest of the Cullens too.
I agree that he was very interesting in MS.

One day I plan to read it side by side with Twilight to see Bella's & Edward's POVs together.
I have done this - and it is really neat; yes, here's hoping that she's either working on it in secret or just building up suspense and demand.

·
Registered
321 Posts
CegAbq said:
I agree that he was very interesting in MS.
I have done this - and it is really neat; yes, here's hoping that she's either working on it in secret or just building up suspense and demand.
I think there would be a huge demand, not just from Twi fans either. I know a lot of people who enjoyed MS more than Twilight & I think it would pull in more male readers too. My son, for example, tried Twilight and was bored by chapter 3 of Twilight but loved all of MS.

·
Registered
463 Posts
It's just as likely she gave up on it due to the uproar of unsatisified die hard fans when the fourth book came out (accompanied by the huge number of retail returns; or at least stories of such), with campaigns started to boycott anything else she wrote (not that boycotts work well).  In all that furor, out she comes and releases the draft into the wild, while "giving up" on further work on it.

Can't say I minded. The audience was obviously 13 year old girls and the reading level stayed about there (the ones I got thru; with a shared Kindle account, they were already bought), but in a way that gave the impression that the author's writing level was stuck there as well (not just that it was written for tweens).

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Vegas_Asian (Experiment#305) said:
can anyone give me a simple detailed easy way to transfer this to my kindle? I have never emailed a pdf to amazon before and I thought it would be too confusing so if anyone has any simple step-by-step directions plmk!? I'd love to read this but it gives me a major headache reading it on my comp.

·
Super Moderator
67,319 Posts
It's actually pretty easy.  Send the file as an attachment to your kindle e-mail address.  That's really all there is to it.  My experience is that if it is all text it'll convert pretty well, though won't have a lot of fancy formatting, like different sizes for chapter headings or anything.  The only annoyance is that it'll show on your kindle as the file name title with author as your originating e-mail address (do make sure you send it from one of your approved addresses.)

There are other ways to convert PDF's as well using 3rd party programs. . . .Mobipocket Creator is one and there are others folks use as well.  The advantage of any of them is that you can fix the title/author problem.  But there are more steps involved.

Ann

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Ann in Arlington said:
It's actually pretty easy. Send the file as an attachment to your kindle e-mail address. That's really all there is to it. My experience is that if it is all text it'll convert pretty well, though won't have a lot of fancy formatting, like different sizes for chapter headings or anything. The only annoyance is that it'll show on your kindle as the file name title with author as your originating e-mail address (do make sure you send it from one of your approved addresses.)

There are other ways to convert PDF's as well using 3rd party programs. . . .Mobipocket Creator is one and there are others folks use as well. The advantage of any of them is that you can fix the title/author problem. But there are more steps involved.

Ann
Thank you for this, I just did it and I dont know why but im amazed!! The document came back to me saying midnightsun-partial-draft just like you said it would but thats ok I know what it is. Thanks for teaching me how to do this, it was much simpler than I thought and made me surprisingly cheerful.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts