Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, All -

I'm going to share a sad, traumatic, heart-breaking story with you all.

Last Friday or Saturday, I was at my local Costco store. I was there on a mission so to speak, looking for a specific item which they ended up not having. On my way in, I noticed this special kiosk full of some Ogio handbags, backpacks, and such. I decided to take a look at it on my way out. I was quite surprised to discover a messenger bag that I liked a lot. It was comfortable, looked good, well-designed, and best of all - the price was great. I noticed a big sign haning on the kiosk door stating the stand would be there for 4 more days. Thus reassured, I left.

Yesterday I came back to get it and --- the kiosk is gone!!! I really liked that bag & loved the price. Ready? It was :eek:
$33!
*&^% Very upset about forgetting the Costco rule of "buying it when you see it!" :'( :-\ :'(

Luckily I have located two websites that carry that same bag. One is called ebags.com and the other is bagking.com. Anyone familiar with either of these two sites? The price is roughly the same between them, higher than Costco and marginally less than the list price. Well, my bad luck continues - ebags had this bag on sale with a 20% reduction yet when I just went to look at it again, the 20% reduction has disappeared! :mad:

Which means there is currently only a $5 difference between the two. Now customer service & reputation comes into bigger play for me, which is why I'm asking you all about your experiences or information about these sites.

Thus ends my woeful story,

Marci

PS - I'm not mentioning the style 'cause I want to "surprise" you all with my pictures of the bag when I get it. I'll be posting them in the "Non-girly bag" thread.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
eBags is great, have used them multiple times.

Try clearing the cookies on your browser, the sale might return.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
I learned the "buy it when you see it" rule not so long ago.  I moved a few years ago from the Miami/FtL area where there was always time to shop around or think about it and go back.  One of my new neighbors here told me that if you see it, buy it cuz it'll be gone overnight.  It took me a while and the loss of many good bargains to catch on.  Now I follow the rule.  Lesson learned.

I hope you get the bag.  I'll look forward to you posting the photos. 

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
I learned the "buy it when you see it rule" the hard way too, it took me several times to finally get it.

Hope you get the bag and can't wait to see pic's.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Ebags is great!  Quick shipping, and if you don't like something they send you a return label to return it.  They frequently have sales, so if you sign up for their mailing list they will notify you when the sales begin.

You definitely have to snatch things up at Costco when you see it.  I never get out of there for less than $100.

·
Registered
12,250 Posts
ebags is great. Never had a problem with them. Make sure you go through one of the cashback sites like Mrrebates or ebates. I use Mrrebates and you get 10% cash back.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Those Ogio bags were at my Costco right before Christmas.  I wasn't in the market for a new bag but I did stop to touch and feel them...They must be making the rounds at all the Costco's....I'm in Arizona.  Wonder where they went to next?

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
I guess that adds the follow up question of do you really need the bag, especially at a now much higher price? Sounds like Costco shopping is similar to Kindle shopping, if it's 99 cents now that doesn't mean it will be after lunch.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
LDB said:
I guess that adds the follow up question of do you really need the bag, especially at a now much higher price? Sounds like Costco shopping is similar to Kindle shopping, if it's 99 cents now that doesn't mean it will be after lunch.
LDB, you know us women of course she needs the bag!! ;)

Linda

·
Registered
325 Posts
We have a joke about Costco. If there's something we really like (food usually), they'll stop selling it.

I've used eBags several times, and haven't had problems. If you sign up for the newsletter, they'll send you offers almost weekly.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have used Ebags ALOT lately.. and one time I was shopping and it said free shipping.. by the time I was ready to buy later that day.. it was GONE.. so I CALLED and explained by the time I had decided on my purchase they removed the free shipping.. and would they honor it.. and they did.. so perhaps you could do the same.. explain the discount and by the time.. you decided.. etc.. etc.. and perhaps they will .. they are HUGE so probably all you have to do is call.. other thing.. when you give a review of a product they send you a 20% off coupon for next purchase.. had I known that I would have not ordered all at once.. and gotten even a better deal.  Good Luck.. let us know if you get it by just calling!! 

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
LDB said:
I guess that adds the follow up question of do you really need the bag, especially at a now much higher price?...
You would even ask this question in the Accessories board? Silly boy!

;D

Betsy

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Did you check the Zappos website for your bag too?
I've used both ebags and Zappos and would recommend them to anyone. No hassle returns and quick shipping.  ;D 

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
I have used ebags numerous times and everything has been high quality. There customer support is good as well.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts