Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MSW - docx

I've formatted a new release for both print and e-book. Neither one will transfer properly to AMZ online live. When it goes live, the margins are all too wide, and it looks like the narrative is about three inches in middle of page.

I've formatted MSW to Live on five novels, this is the only one that does this ... me = just lost on it for some reason?? <Frustrated!!!>

Have re-formatted and uploaded three times - must be a glitch in it somewhere, but I can't find it. IF any format person can look at it, maybe find glitch and fix-it for format fee, would appreciate it. Please PM me with email contact.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
What is AMZ online live? You might try running your manuscript through Draft2Digital to see if that straightens it out. D2D formatting is free. Marti's Books

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AMZ online live .... I just meant uploading it and opening the live preview to see how it looks before publishing ... I publish only on Amazon. Not engaged with D2D company ... just looking for some live help as I'm a writer, but not very tech smart. Might be a very simple fix but I can't find it. Thanks B44

·
Registered
Writing the next books in my Martin Billings series.
463 Posts
AMZ online live .... I just meant uploading it and opening the live preview to see how it looks before publishing ... I publish only on Amazon. Not engaged with D2D company ... just looking for some live help as I'm a writer, but not very tech smart. Might be a very simple fix but I can't find it. Thanks B44
Use Calibre to format the ebook into ePub format and check it there. That should take care of a lot of problems. As far as the print goes, download a new template from amazon for the book size and see what the layout is (margins, gutter, page size etc) compared with your document and make the adjustments.

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
You don't need to publish with D2D in order to use their formatting services.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Try these free templates for kdp print:

They're already optimized for kdp for books 6 x 9 or 8.5 x 11 with full bleed or no bleed.

Dee

1 - 6 of 6 Posts