Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I've done a search and can't find my answer, so I've decided to post.  If this is in the wrong section move it and I'll find it thru my past posts to find it :)

Ok so I'm looking thru eharlequin.com, is there any format I can purchase from this site and put on my kindle?  the pdf perhaps and email it to myself?  I don't want anything too complicated (or illegal), I wasn't sure about the other formats.  I'm sure one of you smart Kindle people know the answer, thanks for the help!

·
Registered
679 Posts
Do they have mobi? As long as it is not a DRMed mobi format, you can put it on your Kindle directly (no need for conversion).

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
I used the pdf format for some free ones they offered. I emailed them and they came back in just a few minutes. They don't seem to have a problem with formating.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
I tried downloading one in the MobiPocket format when they were first free (beginning of January?) and it was DRMd.

I thought I read that the same books were being offered for free on Amazon after that.... I would check there first before downloading from eHarlequin.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank you all!  I get so confused on what format I need.  I have it written down at home, but I'm on vacation looking to get some extra books.

So I need unlocked DRM stuff....hmmm, is that the multiformat stuff from Fictionwise?

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
It's my understanding that *buying* books from eharlequin.com won't work with Kindle, that they are all DRM'd, in all formats.

But pretty much all the harlequin books come out in Kindle format on Amazon, and some but not all brands of them are in bundled formats to save money (like one month's Blaze books, all 6 in one file for $9.99, for instance).  And the freebies (the 16 free ones out this month to celebrate their 60th or whatever anniversary) that are available at harlequin in PDF format, are also all available in Kindle format on Amazon for free.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Steph H said:
It's my understanding that *buying* books from eharlequin.com won't work with Kindle, that they are all DRM'd, in all formats.
I guess I'm missing something, here. They do have mobipocket format. Isn't that the format that works on Kindle? Can't they be downloaded through the USB cable?

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
gertiekindle said:
They do have mobipocket format. Isn't that the format that works on Kindle? Can't they be downloaded through the USB cable?
Yes, MobiPocket is right, and yes, you can upload it to the Kindle via USB.

However, if the file has DRM on it, the Kindle will not open the file. You will get an error message on the Kindle that says it cannot open the file.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
I did get some books from eharl---- and downloaded via the usb, these were the free ones mentioned earlier this month.  They worked just fine, but the author shows your e-mail as author.  When they came out free on Amazon, I did the delete (cool feature on the upgrade) and downloaded from Amazon, now I know who the authors are, as if it makes any difference  ;D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts