Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all and thanks for inviting in. I am new your group.
I know that there is already loads on your forum about formatting in Word and some very clear instructions. I have managed (to the best of my knowledge) to format my first short novel. What I would like to de now is to preview it in Kindle format to make sure it looks as it should. I downloaded Kindle previewer from their site but then found it will only install in Windows with 64 bit hardware and they do not now have a 32 bit version. No good for my 32 bit PC. Is there another way of achieving my goal.

Thanks

·
Registered
419 Posts
I just upload the word to KDP and see it on the online preview. All my books are published that way, never had a problem.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I haven't tried kindle previewer, but like Kathy linked, you can preview through kindle create after you load your word.doc into it. It's worked for me well enough, but I don't use any pictures or anything in the body of the book, and it may cause issues if you do. Maybe this would work better. I'm not 100% sure, I just thought that going through kindle create might help.

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
Delete the 64 bit download on your computer as it will never work.. At upload of the MS on your dashboard, you can use the online tool to preview on the three main types of devices. You don't have to publish to do this, simply save as draft until you are ready.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone for helping me with this. You all give me the confidence I need in my new venture. It is good to know that there is so mush help and support on this forum

1 - 8 of 8 Posts