Kindle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
My illustrations are complete and I am ready to move on to the next stage. Apparently, if my book is formatted for Createspace then I can't use the same files on IngramSpark / Lightning Source. Createspace don't need an ISBN but they don't produce hardback covers. However, IngramSpark needs an ISBN and they produce hardback covers! i have applied for an ISBN and that can take up to 8 weeks to process.

Ideally, I would like to get my book formatted (POD), print a few hardback copies for personal distribution and then decide if I want to use Creatspace or IngramSpark as my POD distribution channel. My illustrator has already placed the text on the illustrations but on some pages, the text is to close to the edges and that means my formatter has to place the text again to ensure that none of it gets trimmed off during printing. If I use a local printer to get some copies of my hardback covers printed, again, my formatter needs specifics to ensure that he formats according to their requirements.

I am going around in circles here!! Has anyone gone through this? One size formatting does not fit all distribution channels? HELP!!! Please?? I thought marketing was the hard part!!!  ???

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
anjal said:
Createspace don't need an ISBN but they don't produce hardback covers.
For a $99 setup fee, Createspace will produce the hard cover for you, but they won't distribute the hard covers to book stores. So, if you intend to print the hard covers only for personal distribution, then you have that option.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts