Kindle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, i've spent sooo much time on these boards over the last few days. Overwhelmingly good info for a noob like me. :)

Question for y'all: How do you format your back matter for ebooks? What order do you put promotional material, author info, etc? And specifically, how (and where) do you thank people and ask them for reviews?

One thing to share: the Apple iBookstore adds a rate/review link to the back of your ebook automatically. I know this is KINDLEboards, but if any of you are selling on the iBookstore, you might want to consider this when posting your ePub.

G

·
Author's Note
Acknowledgments
One or two sample chapters, depending on the length (if the sample chapters take up more than 5-8% of the total text, I cut them so as not to leave readers feeling like I "padded" the book).

Usually at the end of the author's note, I'll have a paragraph describing ways to keep in contact (blog, twitter, FB etc), how to sign up for my mailing list, and a short plug for reviews/likes/shares.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
At the end of my books, I have sample chapters of the next book.  Book one has nine chapters of book two at the end and book two has four chapters of book three at the end of it.  I'm not a big fan of how traditional publishers use extra chapters.  They are usually one or two chapters and it's never enough to get interested.  I feel that by giving a pretty good chunk of the next book gets them hooked so when it ends, they are rushing to the virtual store to hit that buy button.

After the extra chapters I have a one page thank you letter to the reader.  It includes links to my FB page, email and where to find additional works.  I also let them know that the book is DRM free and to share it with as many people as they like and if they enjoyed the book to leave a review.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts