Kindle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I had trouble with what I think is formatting on the above book. Some page texts run down to the bottom of the page and are lost without continuing onto the next page. If I change to a smaller font, everything appears to be correct. I called Kindle support but they were unable to help. According to the second level tech there is no problem on their end. Another problem is in the index: there are no page numbers and clicking on a specific entry will not carry to that specific page. In other words, the index is useless. I would like to have this book on Kindle, but not under these circumstances and at that price ($32). I cancelled that book and expect my card to be credited. Does anyone have any idea about this? Thanks for your help and comments.

·
Super Moderator
67,458 Posts
Sounds like the conversion to Kindle just wasn't very well done.  I would recommend you go to the feedback section at the bottom of the Kindle Book page for the title and let them know that the formatting is not acceptable, especially given the price.  It's completely the publisher's problem, and Amazon will let them know about your feedback.

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
There are two different versions of that book on Amazon, both for Kindle. One is $31.99 and the other is $21.99. The page count for both is the same, but the file size is different.

http://www.amazon.com/Laportes-Guide-Safe-Computing-ebook/dp/B004U7MKO8/ref=tmm_kin_title_0?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&qid=1308002205&sr=1-1

http://www.amazon.com/Laportes-Guide-Safe-Computing-ebook/dp/B001E50WRQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&s=digital-text&qid=1308002205&sr=1-1

One of them may be a previous, poorly formatted version, and the other the cleaned-up version.

Mike

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did talk to the second level support guy and somewhere in all this mess they l/we deleted the original download and tried again a second time with the same poor results. I also asked the second guy why there was a differences in prices and editions, but he was unable to answer the question. He didn't seem very concerned--I don't know how to fight that. I will quit on that book and they will give me a refund on it. Appreciate all the comments and help. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts