Kindle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've added some Amazon links to the footer of the forum. These will show the current set of best-sellers from the Amazon store, in 'carousel' form, and a link to the Kindle FAQ.

These are affiliate links, and your use of them will help us make this site the very best it can be for Kindle owners.

I like the 'clean' look of our site and hope that the inclusion of these graphics at the bottom of the forum page is not too obtrusive for you all.

- Harvey

·
Registered
731 Posts
Harvey I promise to buy a book from Amazon here as soon as there's a best seller that I both want and don't own. (I got Leslie's the first hour it was out).

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello all,
  I set the carousel (at the footer of the forum) to randomly change between different types of best-sellers from the Kindle Store: blogs, magazines, newspapers, and different categories of books.
  Hopefully that will make it less repetitive, and a little bit more interesting. It will refresh itself randomly every time you move to another forum page.
- Harvey

·
Super Moderator
67,251 Posts
Thanks Harvey. . . . that'll definitely help to keep it non-repetitive and encourage more browsing there. . . .

Ann

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Just to add, that when the newspapers are showing on the carousel, when you hover over a newspaper, the monthly subscription price shows.  If you click, that doesn't mean you're subscribing for a month!  You go to the appropriate newspaper page on Amazon where you can either subscribe or buy the current issue!

Harvey, this is going to be a very good (bad) feature.  I didn't need another enabler!!!

Betsy

·
Registered
771 Posts
OK, I like it but I am already spending too much money on books but, oh how fast I read them now!

thanks, Harvey!

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You are welcome and thanks for the feedback.

(That "hover" feature also works with the books and other items that appear in the carousel.)

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Hey, I just noticed a footer for DecalGirl as I was reading the last post in this thread... That is cool, but what happened to the book carousel??

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The carousel will rotate back in - the forum footer contents shift randomly each time you go to a new page, or refresh your screen, in the forum.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
You must have been working on it... I see that it is changing now. It seemed to be "stuck" on DecalGirl for a while and that was all I was seeing. Now it is changing each time I change screens. BTW - I love coming back on and seeing if I can discover the new changes before I read about them!! Kinda like a scavenger hunt!! Thanks for all you are doing to make this a great place to be!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts