Kindle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe I've found the source of the occasional forum slowness, and resolved it last night.

And since that time, haven't had any internal errors posted to our error logs. This is a big relief as I was having to watch that very closely these past few weeks.

So far so good, But if anyone does get any Internal Server Errors, or significant delays in forum response, let me know by posting them here. Thanks..!!

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Sorry to burst your bubble, Harvey, especially after you have worked so hard to resolve the problem.  I had a serious delay in posting today and had to shut down.  It could have been my computer or Firefox if nobody else says they had a problem. 

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
I had problems but think it was before your band aid -
Thanks

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
This is the first I have been able to get on in probably an hour.  Before that, I had difficulty posting because of slowness. 

Got to get back to my group. 

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Still tracking down what caused this tonight. I think it was a problem with our hosting service, not with our site on particular. More updates soon.

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks like the down time today was caused by a deliberate Denial of Service attack that affected our hosting service. I got an alert at 4:16pm Pacific time - they thought at first it was a networking issue. Here are their updates here, FYI:

Posted (January 19th, 2009 at 4:16 pm PST) by mir

Customers on our spacey cluster are currently experiencing downtime due to networking issues but our admin team is on the case and should have it resolved shortly. We'll post with more details as soon as they become available.

Update - 5:22 PM, PST Just so you're not totally in the dark while our admin team sorts this out, here's a list of servers that may be affected by the ongoing networking issue on the spacey cluster:

We're still doing whatever it takes to get things back up quickly.

Update - 6:15 PM, PST The admins working on this issue have tracked down the problem to a crafty Denial of Service (DoS) attack and have blocked it. Fortunately, all of this crazy traffic didn't seem to affect the network file servers very much - so the servers are stabilizing now and things should return to normal in a matter of minutes.

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah, looks like our hosting service is still chasing down issues with the D.O.S. attack. We're up now, and performing well - - I *hope* it stays that way for a good while.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Harvey...hate to burst your bubble, but I think something is up with chat...It stops updating after a bit (post won't show up, even my own), and now I can't log back in.

okay got back on

1 - 18 of 18 Posts