KBoards.com banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Thank You.

I still think it would be better if the reading and read list went underneath the written list.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
TimothyEllis said:
Thank You.

I still think it would be better if the reading and read list went underneath the written list.
Glad it worked for you!

You could manually do that if you make both the reading bar and your covers half the size they are now, to stay within the 140pixel height limit we want for sigs. I can help you do that if you want.

Betsy

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
No, I don't think so. Having my books see-able is more important.

I'd rather you doubled the size of the signatures.  ;D

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
TimothyEllis said:
No, I don't think so. Having my books see-able is more important.

I'd rather you doubled the size of the signatures. ;D
:D

Wait, let me think about it...

*thinks*

No. :D

Seriously, though, having sigs at the size we have them is a compromise between allowing graphics in sigs (including advertising) and not allowing graphics at all. The discussion is the most important thing here and we don't want the sigs to overwhelm that. Readers on older systems, slower access and/or mobile devices have a hard time with the graphics as is, and even for members with newer systems, sigs that are too large distract. This size seems to be a good compromise for most.

Betsy

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
I appreciate that.  :eek: ;D 8)

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Marcelabic said:
not sure if this is in the right area of the forum first of all, but is there any way i can change my display name?
Sure, Marcelabic!

Go to Profile in the top menu, then select Account Settings > Modify Profile
(or here: http://www.kboards.com/index.php?action=profile;area=account)

"Name" is the second thing on that page--you can enter anything in there. Your login name will stay the same.

Betsy

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Yay, Clifton, glad you're enjoying it.  Our site owner Harvey made many cool tools for the site, for both readers and authors!

Betsy

·
Registered
35 Posts
No kidding, I haven't been an active part of a forum for a few years, but I can see why kboards draws us in.

Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am new here and not finding the site easy though it is clear others do. Is there a guide here to show us novices how to do the basics? Some people might even need to know how to make a post or modify their profile. Yes, eventually we probably will get it, but a guide might well save us a lot of time.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts