Kindle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so as I was getting ready for my Kindle. I of course searched the Amazon site like crazy and one of the things I noticed, was that if you searched the Kindle store, you could find books, but it doesn't show you the cost of the other versions. (If you do a normal search for a paperback, it does show you the price). I got kind of annoyed, because the Kindle price isn't always cheaper. Then I found this search engine that lets me do both.

http://www.product-place.net/kindle

This has made searching for a Kindle book a lot easier, and now I can make an informed decision on the purchase. (Some Kindle versions cost MORE than the hardback!)

Enjoy!

·
Registered
78 Posts
That is really helpful, thanks so much Steven!
Are you ever willing to pay more for it just so you can have it on your Kindle?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know. I think in some cases it would be worth it, if it were a book I would use over and over again, it might be worth it to have it on my kindle instead of always on my desk (I have a pile of books that I always use). Other than that, at this point, most likely not.

How about you?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Well, I don't have a Kindle yet, so I can't answer from experience, but I think that I agree that it would depend on the book. I'm still debating on the Kindle because it seems like half of the fun of a book is that it isn't technology and you can go to the library or borrow one from a friend, and this would completely end that. I'm sure that Kindle will catch on, but it's hard to say exactly what uses people will have for it. Because for me, it is the opposite, if there is a book that I absolutely love, I would rather have the real version of it.
I guess I'm just nostalgic!

G

·
Yes Celeste! That's exactly how I feel. Books have so many memories attached to them -  they aren't just words. I remember where I read them, and the marks on the pages and why they got bent and tear stains and everything. If Kindle wasn't so expensive, I guess it would be good to try out books, but . . .  it is!

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Hi Nancy and welcome. This site has been more than useful. I was able to get most of my questions answered before my Kindle ever arrived. I have been using my Kindle since Monday and the instruction book that came with it is still in its paper sleeve in the box.  :)

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Thanks for the kind words about Kindleboards! Glad to hear we've been helpful!

Interesting site that Steven posted (http://www.product-place.net/kindle/ . The first book that I tried, that I have on my Kindle and bought from Amazon, The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe it didn't find, though it found books ABOUT The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, LOL! But all the other ones I tried worked. Interesting to see the price differences....

I don't know that I care too much if the price is different if it's a book I want. For most books, I don't buy the hard cover and wait for the paperback. But there are some books that I have the complete series in hardback, so I buy that to make the set match. In the same way, if it's a book I really want on my Kindle, I may put it on my wish list and wait to see if the price goes down, but more likely, if I haven't already bought a bunch of books that month, I'll probably buy it! As they say, your mileage may vary....

Betsy

·
Registered
829 Posts
nancy732 said:
You guys are so nice! I love my Kindle, my only complaint is that I don't have enough time to read.
you can say that again! the only reason I get up and go to work everyday is so I can buy more books :D

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
jean95404 said:
I tried clicking on the link and received an error warning...has anyone else received that?
The link is more than two years old. My guess is that the developer has abandoned it.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I use http://www.inkmesh.com to compare book prices, just restrict the search to kindle books by using the restricters on the left side of the page. When you get a result, if there is more than 1 price from say Amazon, just click the "show all" under the amazon price list. Sorry if this doesn't make sense, it's easier to do than to explain, lol

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Thanks for the links.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts