Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Echoes of yesterday touch the lives of ordinary people in extraordinary ways in 18 provocative stories by some of the best up-and-coming authors of mainstream and speculative fiction around the world. Extinct Doesn't Mean Forever is an eclectic mix of variations on the theme, including literary fiction, humor, and hard and soft science fiction stories that feature thylacines, dinosaurs, Neanderthals, alien races and more.

76,000 words
~300 pages
$2.99

Available From:

Amazon US
Amazon UK

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Phoenix-

Welcome again to KindleBoards and congratulations on the anthology!

KindleBoards is a Kindle fan and reader forum. As you browse KindleBoards, keep in mind that self-promotion, of any sort, is ONLY allowed in the Book Bazaar. (You've posted your book thread in the right place; this is just our standard reminder. :))

A brief recap of our rules follows:

--Please bookmark this thread (using your browser's bookmark/favorite function) so you can update it as we ask that authors have only one thread per book and add to it when there is more information. You may start a separate thread for each book (or you may have one thread per series of books, or one thread for all of your books, it's your choice).

--We invite you to use your book cover as your avatar and have links to your book and website in your signature. Instructions are posted here

--While you may respond to member posts to your thread at any time, you may only bump your thread (back-to-back posts by you) once every seven days. Once you've responded to a member, that resets the clock to zero and you must wait seven days to post, unless another member posts before then. You may modify the latest post to reflect new information.

--We ask that Amazon reviews not be repeated here as they are easy to find at your book link. Also, full reviews from other sites should not be posted here, but you may post a short blurb and a link to the full review instead.

--Although self-promotion is limited to the Book Bazaar, our most successful authors have found the best way to promote their books is to be as active throughout KindleBoards as time allows. This is your target audience--book lovers with Kindles! Please note that putting link information in the body of your posts constitutes self promotion; please leave your links for your profile signature that will automatically appear on each post. For information on more ways to promote here on KindleBoards, be sure to check out this thread:
Authors: KindleBoards Tips & FAQ.

All this, and more, is included in our Forum Decorum: http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,36.0.html. Be sure to check it from time to time for the current guidelines and rules.

Oh, and one more thing: be sure to check out the index threads at the top of the Book Bazaar. . . .there are details there about how you can be listed so that our readers can find you.

Thanks for being part of KindleBoards! Feel free to send us a PM if you have any questions.

Betsy & Ann
Book Bazaar Moderators

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Extinct Doesn't Mean Forever anthology has been nominated for the EPIC award. Please consider a purchase to help the Tasmanian Devils.

Or please consider donating directly to the Save the Tasmanian Devil Appeal even if you don't buy the book.

Thank you!
Phoenix

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
New this week:

Most of the short stories in the Extinct collection are now offered as stand-alones in the Amazon, B&N, and Smashwords libraries. Simply search "Dare To Dream Press" to find an individual story that catches your fancy.

1-line teasers for each story are also available in the description when you click on the cover below.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The collection and several of the individual stories in this anthology have been nominated for various awards.

As I solicited stories, accepted the best, and edited the book, I feel fortunate to have received so many wonderful stories from such talented writers. There are several names here about whom I'm going to soon be boasting, "I knew them when!"

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hello.

Excitingly, I'm the author of one of the stories in this anthology!

I strongly urge you to get hold of a copy; not just because I contributed a small part of it, but because it really is as good as Phoenix says it is. When I read through my proof copy I was hugely impressed by the quality of the other stories.

Of course, I would say that, wouldn't I?

But it's still true.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The collected stories are available individually as well from the major e-tailers for 99c each.

Get the complete anthology for just $2.99 for 19 stories and 76,000 words. Taglines for each story and a list of authors are on the Amazon product page.

Echoing through each story are the themes of loss and pain - yet each story also focuses on hope: for life, for survival, for humanity in the face of catastrophe, big or small.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did you know at least two of the authors of stories in the anthology are KB members? I hope to see even more soon!

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
"Connect" by Kenneth Burstall is now FREE on Amazon, too! http://www.amazon.com/Connect-ebook/dp/B005FFTK4W

Currently, "Connect" is #1 in Hi-Tech SF and #5 in overall SciFi on the Free Kindle Bestseller Lists.

Buy links to the EXTINCT anthology are listed in the "Connect" book, so go grab your free copy then decide if you'd like to see the entire multi-author collection of 19 stories for just $2.99.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you enjoyed the free short story "Connect," you'll find 18 more stories to enjoy in this jam-packed collection - all for just $2.99.

Pssst: "Connect" is still FREE!

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Authors featured in the Extinct anthology aren't just one-hit wonders.

Chrystalla Thoma and Simon John Cox are both fellow KBers with titles of their own.

Authors such as David North-Martino and Kyle Aisteach, among a slew of others, have sold short stories to a host of other markets.

An author or two are agented with books about to go on submission.

19 quality stories for just $2.99. And you can have the pleasure of saying, "I knew them when."

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Waiting on word whether another of the stories will be picked up free in the Amazon store. Will post it immediately if it does. It's a treat of a story: "My Own Secret Dinosaur" with one of the best examples of voice I've seen in a long, long time.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
We'll be offering another story from this anthology free in the next week or so.

But why wait? 19 stories for $2.99 means you're only paying 16 cents per story anyway 8).

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The next story from this anthology to be offered free on Amazon still isn't free there yet. But not for lack of trying! Apple has it listed for free now, as does Smashwords.

We hope to be able to bring you the exquisite contemporary short "Last Seen" by Amanda le Bas de Plumetot soon.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Still waiting for "Last Seen" to be offered free on Amazon. But there's no waiting to purchase the entire collection!

Meanwhile, doing the holiday bump :)

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
One of our authors, Chrystalla Thoma, is a regular visitor to KB. She has a short story in a new anthology recently released (not affiliated with the Extinct authors and editor). If you enjoy "The Angel Genome" by Chrys in Extinct Doesn't Mean Forever, you can find her new story, "Dreamdancer," in:

$4.99

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You can get the entire anthology FREE on Monday, March 12!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts