Free today!
Conundrum (an Iris Reid mystery Book 1), by Susan Cory. (Still free?)

"As a resident of Cambridge and a fan of good building, I was hooked! Such an authentic lens into the rivalries among graduates of the venerated HSD (Harvard School of Design). The book is well-written with fully developed characters whose chatter make you want to join the conversation. I didn't guess the ending but, in retrospect, it made sense. I look forward to picking up with these characters' lives in the next installment of the series." -- Amazon Reviewer
"An exciting, engrossing tale of greed, deceit and
murder" THE KIRKUS REVIEW
When a Harvard Architecture School superstar plunges off the balcony
at a graduation party, the police see an accident, not foul play. But
fellow-student Iris Reid knows that any jealous member of the ruling clique
would have relished pushing him off. Twenty years later, a reunion is
luring the same cast of characters back to Cambridge. The opening night
dinner is being held in a Modernist house that Iris has designed. She hopes
to untangle the events that led to her friend's death. But the murderer has
other plans. When a long-ago boyfriend turns up dead the night of the
dinner, all the incriminating evidence points to Iris. What began as an
attempt to avenge her old friend turns into a desperate race to avoid being
framed by the clever killer-a killer capable of twisting the truth into a bloody
conundrum.

278 pages, with a 4.1-star rating from 306 reviews.

The Abduction of Mary Rose, by Joan Hall Hovey. (Still 2.99?)

"The final showdown is incredibly exciting and nerve wracking--I found myself literally on the edge of my seat, rooting for Naomi, but could not guess what was going to happen next. Dinner preparations were put on hold until I had finished the book.

An exciting and suspenseful ending wraps up this incredible novel. If you like murder mysteries, spine chilling suspense, a reason to lock your doors and watch who is behind you on the road, then this book is a must read for you!" -- Amazon Reviewer

The Abduction of Mary Rose, published by Books We Love, is a thriller in the tradition of Stephen King and Mary Higgins Clark, written by the Canadian Master of Suspense Joan Hall Hovey.

Following the death of the woman she believed to be her mother, 28-year-old Naomi Waters learns from a malicious aunt that she is not only adopted, but the product of a brutal rape that left her birth mother, Mary Rose Francis, a teenager of Micmac ancestry, in a coma for 8 months.

Dealing with a sense of betrayal and loss, but with new purpose in her life, Naomi vows to track down Mary Rose's attackers and bring them to justice. She places her story in the local paper, asking for information from residents who might remember something of the case that has been cold for nearly three decades.

She is about to lose hope that her efforts will bear fruit, when she gets an anonymous phone call. Naomi has attracted the attention of one who remembers the case well.

But someone else has also read the article in the paper. The man whose DNA she carries.

And he has Naomi in his sights.

Reviews:

"…Ms. Hovey's talent in creating characters is so real, you feel their emotions and their fears. You want to yell at them to warn of the danger . . . and you do! Your shouts fall on deaf ears . . . and you cry!

Alfred Hitchcock and Stephen King come to mind, but JOAN HALL HOVEY is in a Class by herself!…"J.D. Michael Phelps, Author of My Fugitive, David Janssen

"…CANADIAN MISTRESS OF SUSPENSE…The author has a remarkable ability to turn up the heat on the suspense… great characterizations and dialogue…" James Anderson, author of Deadline

"…Can compete with any mystery,suspense novel on the shelves..." Linda Hersey,
Fredericton Gleaner, NB

Use this link to find all Books We Love Ltd. books at Amazon Kindle:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Ddigital-text&field-keywords=Books%20We%20Love%20Ltd

314 pages, with a 4.3-star rating from 177 reviews.

Them Bones: A Mystery from the Mississippi Delta (Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery Book 1), by Carolyn Haines. (Still 0.99?)

"I wasn't too sure I was going to like this book--many of the mysteries I have read try too hard to be cute or funny, and I thought perhaps the idea of the ghost was just another one, but this book was truly a hoot! And the ghost Jitty's conversations with Sarah Booth had me laughing out loud. The characters were fully developed and the actual mystery was just that for me, almost to the end before I figured it out. Sarah Booth Delaney and Jitty are welcome on my reading list any time." -- Amazon Reviewer

If only I hadn't kidnapped the dog...but the ransom paid the mortgage....Now I seem to be a private eye....I shouldn't have listened to that ghost....

Meet Sarah Booth Delaney...an unconventional Southern belle whose knack for uncovering the truth is about to make her the hottest detective in Zinnia, Mississippi...if it doesn't make her the deadest.

No self-respecting lady would allow herself to end up in Sarah Booth's situation. Unwed, unemployed, and over thirty, she's flat broke and about to lose the family plantation. Not to mention being haunted by the ghost of her great-great-grandmother's nanny, who never misses an opportunity to remind her of her sorry state--or to suggest a plan of action, like ransoming her friend's prize pooch to raise some cash.

But soon Sarah Booth's walk on the criminal side leads her deeper into unladylike territory, and she's hired to solve a murder. Did gorgeous, landed Hamilton Garrett V really kill his mother twenty years ago? And if so, what is Sarah Booth doing falling for this possible murderer? When she asks one too many questions and a new corpse turns up, she is suddenly a suspect herself...and Sarah Booth finds that digging up the bones of the past could leave her rolling over in her grave.

From the Paperback edition.

335 pages, with a 4.5-star rating from 104 reviews.

Free today!
Destiny Blues: Hand of Fate - Book One, by Sharon Joss. (Still free?)

"This is a fun paranormal mystery. The problems keep coming, there's a murderer on the loose. And even a touch of romance. Our plucky heroine has a lot on her plate, but when you are the Hand of Fate you have to learn to juggle." -- Amazon Reviewer

Some people attract stray cats. With parking control officer Mattie Blackman, it's demons.
At work, in her car, even at the foot of her bed. And with the FBI on the hunt for a rogue demon master, she's desperate to get rid of them. Thwarted at every turn to solve her problem through legitimate channels, she turns to Shore Haven's sexy mage for the answer: a fate she refuses to accept.
But as the serial killer's victims pile up, Mattie realizes there's only one way to stop a demon master…
To save her friends and the people she loves, Mattie must choose between her life and her destiny.

"…amusingly off-beat…fun…romp."
- Locus

Destiny Blues is the first book in the Hand of Fate urban fantasy series.

Fans of Mercy Thompson, Sookie Stackhouse, or the Iron Druid will likely enjoy this series.

325 pages, with a 4.3-star rating from 61 reviews.

"Like" our Facebook page so you never miss a bargain e-book!
Free and Bargain Kindle books, delivered to your inbox:
Subscribe today to our daily e-mail!
(We save you time by curating our selections of bargain books. We filter out books with a less than 4-star rating, or have few reviews. We exclude books that are merely teasers, and generally exclude those that are less than 100 pages in length. Your time is valuable and we strive to find quality for you in your bargain e-books!)