Caught: A Historical Romance, by Christina J Michaels. (Still 4.99?)

"Set against the historical setting of Georgian England and the society that swirled around the Willis's Rooms of Almack's, this tale kept me enraptured; I read it in a day. The protagonists are flawed but likable, their strengths also being their weaknesses; the villain realistic enough to be more than a silhouette. I found the pacing perfect. I shall recommend this books to my friends, and keep an eager eye out for more romance or historical fiction by Ms. Michaels." -- Amazon Reviewer

1772. London. With her perfect breeding, flawless beauty, and proper manners, Alison Brooke never expected to be smeared by the cruel brush of scandal. Robert Anderson, Viscount Charmaine, is focused on his tumbling finances and dying father. When villainy leaves the ravishing (and ravished) Alison thrown at his feet, Robert is pulled from his self-recrimination and into the heart of the Season's hottest gossip.

Marquis Anthony Farrington is one of Alison's many rejected suitors and Robert's best friend. Secretly, Anthony risks the gallows for his ongoing support of the populist movements. When Robert is given charge of the investigation against Anthony, friendships, loyalty, and ideals come into question. Alison's constant companion, the wallflower Brenda Boswell, timidly watches romance unfold. Yet, in the end, unfashionable Brenda shows herself to be a spitfire capable of saving them all.

Caught in the act, caught by scandal, caught by honor, and caught by duty, the four friends are ultimately caught by the most powerful thing of all - love.

"The many plot turns kept me guessing which is a much-needed change from the usual love story where you can guess the plotline like it's the back of your hand. Will they? Won't they? Does it all end up ok?" -Amazon review

314 pages, with a 4.7-star rating from 29 reviews.

The Third Pig Detective Agency (Third Pig Detective Agency, Book 1), by Bob Burke. (Still 0.99?)

"Harry Pigg is a superb, and very funny, central character in a standout cast of amusing dullards and villains each well drawn and memorable. Although a short book the plot will keep you scratching your head to the very end with plenty of twists and turns on the way. " -- Amazon Reviewer

A rather silly detective story in the spirit of Jasper Fforde.

Harry Pigg, the only surviving brother from the Big Bad Wolf attacks, has set up business as a private detective in Grimmtown, only things aren't going too well. Down on his luck, with bills to pay and no clients in sight the outlook is poor. But then in walks local businessman Aladdin who needs someone to help him track down an old lamp.

What follows is a case of nursery rhyme-noir. Funny, thrilling and always entertaining, Harry Pigg is an old breed of hero for a new generation. It's as if Humphrey Bogart or James Cagney had walked into the middle of a bedtime story.

A comedy caper for all ages. The first in a major new series.

160 pages, with a 3.5-star rating from 26 reviews.

Heart of a Huntsman (A Huntsman's Fate Book 1), by Liam Reese. (Still 0.99?)

"I think the word that sums up this book for me is unique. Unique characters, unique relationships, a unique form of magic. Great potential for a new series. I was intrigued!" -- Amazon Reviewer

Orphaned by an assassin's blade, Besmir spends his youth on the fringes of society. He grows into a hunstman of some note, suitable to put food on the Duke's table, if unfit to join the meal. His simple, meager life is thrown into chaos when he finds himself approached by Zaynorth, an illusion mage who has come in search of Besmir, bearing a remarkable truth: the huntsman is far more than he knows himself to be.

Along with his apprentice, Keluse, Besmir follows Zaynorth to a new and distant land where he will vie for a throne stolen by the very man responsible for his parents death.

In Heart of a Huntsman, an orphan of noble birth must rally the people of a foreign land to his cause and lead them against a treacherous king - one whose army includes the very legions of Hell.

347 pages, with a 4-star rating from 66 reviews.

Free today!
Flowers in December, by Jane Suen. (Still free?)

"This is a story of the heart and the emotions, with little "action" in the traditional suspenseful cliff-hanger style of a thriller or mystery-and no real villain except bad decisions and misunderstandings. In a quiet, sincere way, this story is readable, touching, and asks some vital questions about life and love and the afterlife. If I had to choose a single word to describe the book, I would choose "honest."" -- Amazon Reviewer

Readers' Favorite gave FLOWERS in DECEMBER five-stars. "Someone who knows what it's like to lose a parent will find a lot to relate to in this book."

A MAN GOES HOME TO BURY HIS MOTHER BUT FINDS HIMSELF.

Connor Norton returns to his hometown, following the death of his mother, knowing that he will have to confront personal feelings of guilt and regret. It is a place he has barely set foot in for the past 20 years.

Caught in the period of his life where the vibrancy of youth has diminished and the prospect of becoming middle-aged is looming, Connor finds that he is suddenly alone in the world and must somehow reshape his future and face his own mortality.

With only Tom, the family's orange tabby cat, as his constant companion, he considers new possibilities and new directions. But will Connor be able to lay the ghosts of his past to rest? And will his return later, to the place he once called home, be enough to let him break free from the remorse which he has carried since he was 18?

In this tender, heartwarming portrait of a man who finds himself trapped between his past, his present and the future, where will this new journey lead Connor and what will the future hold when he gets there?

What readers are saying:

"Heartfelt and lovely" - Sarah

"An emotional journey through a man's pain. I teared up a few times… And then, a perfect ending." - JED

"Death is a hard topic to write about and equally hard to read about… It's a credit to an author to be able to bring out such sadness in a novella." - Carol Ann King

"This is a great read! It reminds you of how important family is! It was very well written! Loved it!" - Kindle Customer

"It was a good story about dealing with loss and finding hope." - Bob Wilson

"I enjoyed this book. Simple and sweet." - Sandy N.

"A touching story to which we all can relate. Heartfelt and up lifting. In a word, real."

"This was a well-written story of what happens after the death of a parent." - Brenchris

"loved it!"

140 pages, with a 4.2-star rating from 81 reviews.

"Like" our Facebook page so you never miss a bargain e-book!
Free and Bargain Kindle books, delivered to your inbox:
Subscribe today to our daily e-mail!
(We save you time by curating our selections of bargain books. We filter out books with a less than 4-star rating, or have few reviews. We exclude books that are merely teasers, and generally exclude those that are less than 100 pages in length. Your time is valuable and we strive to find quality for you in your bargain e-books!)