Kindle Forum banner
1601 - 1620 of 1674 Posts

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
Currently free.

Don't Close Your Eyes (Stephanie Chalice Thrillers Book 1)

World Infrastructure Building Architecture Font

"Don't Close Your Eyes" begins with a whimper and a bang--two seemingly
unrelated deaths. The first is a teenage girl whose asthma suffocates
her while sleeping. The second is a man shot on the tram that connects
Roosevelt Island to Manhattan. Lying next to the man is the real
puzzle: a woman who might appear to have died of natural causes if not
for the handwritten note stuffed in her mouth that simply reads "Look
back."

Murder mystery thrillers are often driven by tough, fast-talking,
streetwise detectives with a sad story about their past and a penchant
for nabbing perps. The cop on the case in "Don't Close Your Eyes" is
all these things and more. Meet Stephanie Chalice. She's a smart,
beautiful, 28-year-old NYPD homicide detective whose acerbic repartee
is like an arsenal of nuclear missiles--it convinces her male
colleagues that she means business.

Behind all the bluster, though, is a young woman with fierce passions
who shows the same tremendous dedication to her ill mother as she does
her job. Chalice is an excellent detective, but it comes at a cost. She
suffers recurring nightmares, and obsesses that the diabetes that
killed her father and weakens her mother will one day come for her.

When a second woman is found dead with a rag in her mouth and another
cryptic note nearby, Chalice realizes a serial killer stalks
Manhattan's Upper East Side. Her detective work combines intelligence,
persistence, a skilled partner, and well-connected friends. Secret
allies also work on her behalf to thwart dangers that lie just beyond
her periphery. As she follows a trail of clues and corpses to the
murderer, she also pursues her own demons, uncovering startling truths
about who she really is.

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
Why do they try to turn the title of a book into an advertisement?

Currently free.

GENEVA INTRUSION: KATE ADLER escapes an assassination attempt and is running for her life towards a big surprise.: A Cartel page-turning adventure thriller. (Kate Adler Thrillers Book 1)

Building Poster Font Morning Movie

Kate Adler led a quiet life as a computer analyst, never expecting someone would want to kill her.

One day Kate decrypts an encoded message exposing Iran’s secret plans to start a war by triggering a global market crash. She escapes an assassination attempt by an Iranian hit team with the help of Brad Danner, an ongoing romantic interest.

While running for her life with Brad, Kate learns she’s head of the Cartel, a secret organization founded by her late father. Armed with the Cartel’s special forces capability and the unique Geneva 9 supercomputer, Kate becomes the hunter. In a suspense-filled journey, Kate’s confidence grows as she attempts to stop a war while pursuing those who tried to kill her.

If you like action thrillers like L.T. Ryan’s Jack Noble or Vince Fynn’s Mitch Rapp, you will find Kate Adler’s style of confronting injustice a rewarding read.

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
Currently free.

Faite Books 1-3 Bundle: Including Ugly Girl, Lost Girl and Rich Girl

Brown Eyelash Product Purple Cosmetics

Running toward danger is about to become Rosie’s full-time job.

When a grizzled stranger crashes into her life and lifts the concealment that has marred her face since childhood, Rosie Avalon leaves everything she knows behind. Pulled into a realm teeming with magical creatures, Rosie must navigate this new, broken world while avoiding capture by the evil queen, who knows there’s more to Rosie than meets the eye.

Bastien is an Untouchable, feared and shunned by all but a handful of elite warriors. His realm has been ravaged by the evil queen’s reign, but he will stop at nothing to save the land he loves, even if it means pushing Rosie past her breaking point.

Thrust into a quest that threatens to destroy her family, Rosie’s path is clear: she must sacrifice all she holds dear to save a world on the brink of collapse, and hope she doesn’t lose herself along the way.

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
Currently free.

Cursed Demon: Urban Fantasy Shifter Stand-Alone (Creatures of the Otherworld)

Purple Poster Publication Book Hat

She enjoyed life as a demon’s pet. Until the cries of an innocent tore her world asunder…
Emma Case is freaking out. Being surrounded by monsters is risky enough without breaking the rules, but when the soft-hearted girl hears a pup in distress, she can’t resist trespassing on forbidden ground. And after discovering the unfortunate creature is a wolf-shifter, she’s stunned when the child’s pack accuses her of the crime and abducts her for interrogation.

Tortured for information she doesn’t have, Emma pleads desperately for her handsome tormenter to believe her. Yet as the naïve young woman tumbles deeper into the realm of supernatural intrigue, she unexpectedly manifests frightening powers she has no idea how to control.

Will Emma’s hidden heritage prove a blessing or a bane?

Cursed Demon is the second standalone book in the character-driven Creatures of the Otherworld urban fantasy series. If you like sassy heroines, laugh-out-loud humour, and white-knuckle thrills, then you’ll love Brogan Thomas’s action-packed tale.

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
Currently free.

The Demon in Me (A Living in Eden Novel Book 1)

Poster Font Publication Art Happy

BOOK #1 IN THE LIVING IN EDEN SERIES! Eden Riley is a psychic consultant for the police, even though her abilities have never been her most reliable skill. On her most recent case, her paranormal powers are about to get her into some serious trouble.

After a serial killer is gunned down in front of her, Eden realizes that she’s quite literally no longer alone. A voice in her head introduces himself as Darrak. He’s a demon—but not it a bad way. Now he’s been bound to Eden by chance of fate. By day he can take very appealing form, but by night he needs Eden—for her body.

When Darrak promises he can coach her on getting the life—and the man—of her dreams if she doesn’t call 1-800-EXORCIST, can Eden learn to live with this sexy demon?

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
Currently free.

Welcome to Spicetown (A Spicetown Mystery Book 1)

Property Window Architecture Font Building

When a crime stopper senior citizen starts to act oddly, a new business sells fake products and the New Year’s Eve fireworks display disappears, Mayor Cora Mae Bingham and the Spicetown Police Chief Conrad Harris have to get involved. Cora keeps an eye on her quaint small town nestled in the southern hills of Ohio. Although Spicetown is sprinkled with culinary street names, stores full of spices, and quaint life-long citizens, out-of-towners can bring in a dicey element.

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
Currently free.

GHOST COACH (Grifter's Daughter Book 2)

Font Poster Lipstick Red Happy

THE LONG CON IS THE GRIFTER’S GOLD STANDARD.
BUT THIRTY YEARS LONG?

There’s only one con artist in the world who’d even go there—and we use the term “artist” with the deepest respect. That would be Leroy Logan, the legendary con who fathered, nurtured, and mentored perhaps the second most accomplished outlaw of her time—his daughter and successor apparent, Dani Silver.
Ghost Coach is Leroy’s thirty-year-old brainchild, the plan being to unload a priceless antique car in perfect condition, once owned by Amelia Earhart (or perhaps Mussolini.) But, alas, missing (wink wink).

By no means would it be the first thing Leroy’s sold that didn’t exist, but this one does exist—at least if you believe the plethora of stories about it that he's planted in multiple publications over more than a quarter of a century.

Which means he’s effectively created a market for it with dozens of ready-made marks. Brilliant! Now’s the time to cash in—only he has no money to finance the scam.

Enter his brilliant daughter Dani, who’s flush with ill-gotten cash. The only trouble is, she wants to run the con herself. And nothing’s more fun to watch than a dysfunctional family misbehaving.

Except perhaps watching a brilliant scheme fall apart, only to be reconstructed infinitely more elaborately, like an intricate art object. Which of course it is.

The fun here is first in the game—watching the crime team come together, finding the mark, constructing the scam, building it back from scratch, improvising every minute to pull it off—and finally in the characters. Readers will fall for grumpy, 80-something, fedora-wearing Leroy, and glamourous, competent, wannabe bad girl Dani, who’s good at just about everything except developing a heart of stone.

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
Currently free.

They gave their lives for you: The story of a young soldier in his first war, June 1967

Vehicle Font Motor vehicle Poster Art

Recently married and the father of a baby girl, son of new immigrants from Iran who found themselves in a slum in the city of Jerusalem, the author is called to reserve duty. It is June 1967. Jerusalem still bears the ravages of the Siege of Jerusalem and the War of Independence in 1948. Jerusalem was a capital city whose eastern flank had been split from the whole and surrounded by enemy mines, barbed wire, high walls, narrow border corridors, incidents of shooting, and injury to citizens – the norm of life in those days.

Before the Six Day War, propaganda spread by neighboring Arab nations directly threatened Israel, describing in gory detail what would happen to the young country in the next military attack against it.
“Last one out of the country turns off the light,” was the national joke.

Concern was weighty. And then the Six Day War broke out. In six days of battle, everything changed. The rest is history. David Yair initially fought in battles around Jerusalem as part of the Har’el Brigade, and later fought in Jericho and the Golan Heights.

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
Currently free.

Phantom Echo: A Sci-Fi Thriller (Singularverse Book 1)

Book Publication Font Darkness Building

His search for a killer will put him in the crosshairs.

The body of a college student is dumped in an alley far from campus. Is it a case of bad timing, or a drug deal gone wrong?

As the detective assigned to the case, Nathan Miller suspects something more sinister behind it. Convincing his superiors of this won't be easy, though, and following his instincts will require more than just bending the law. He may need to break it.

But when his pursuit leads him to Syria, and then London, he's forced to seek aid from the Phantoms—allies who might be enemies. Will they help the killer he's after, or join him in seeing justice served?

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
Currently free.

The Vampire's Last Dance (Witch Island Brides Book 1)

Light Purple Poster Font Hat

Introducing Love Spells - Get your Laugh Out Loud Paranormal here!

She’s a witch who carries a family curse, destined to never get her happily ever after. Felicia Patterson has come to terms with the fact that she’ll never get to be with her one true love… whoever he happens to be. But when the sexiest vampire she’s ever seen walks onto Witch Island, she can’t help her fluttering heart.

He’s a vampire who’s been burned before, destined to never love again. Christoph Parks has sworn off relationships. In the century that he’s walked the earth, he’s only known heartbreak and disappointment. But one smile from the island’s sassy florist has his icy heart melting. And now that the pair have been thrown together to save their loved ones’ wedding from imploding, can they also overcome a brutal curse, find a way to trust, and finally get the love that they deserve?

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
Currently free.

Ghost Mortem: A Paranormal Cozy Mystery Romance (Ghost Detective Book 1)

Poster Publication Advertising Illustration Event

Whoever said that ghosts exist must be out of their mind.

Oh, wait. That was me. I said that. If you’d told me yesterday that ghosts were real I would have smiled, nodded, and called a shrink to fix your deluded little mind. Now it’s my turn to question my sanity when the ghost of my best friend turns up in my apartment. Was it the tequila shots the night before causing this apparition? Or one too many bumps to the head — let’s face it, clumsy is my middle name, it really wouldn’t surprise me if I’d done some irreparable damage to my grey matter over the years.

Now I have to accept that the paranormal does, in fact, exist. But sadly, my ghost friend is lacking something besides his body. His memory. He doesn’t know how he died but suspects foul play and he wants my help to find his killer. I can’t refuse, I’m a sucker for a good mystery and the chance to bring my friend's killer to justice is too good to pass up.

Surprises abound as I discover a secret talent for sleuthing, not to mention an unexpected inheritance of a talking cat among other things. But the biggest problem of all? Captain Cowboy Hot Pants, or as he likes to be called, Detective Kade Galloway of the Firefly Bay PD. He’s one smokin’ cop, but my distrust of the police runs deep and despite his assurances that he’s here to help can I really trust him, or is his offer of assistance designed to keep me from discovering the truth?

I guess I’ll find out when death comes knocking on my door.

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
Currently free.

Dying in Style (Josie Marcus Book 1)

Poster Font Bag Illustration Event

Suburban single mom, Josie Marcus, loves being a secret shopper. But when she’s framed for the murder of a famous handbag designer, Josie discovers that secret sleuth might be a better fit…

Josie’s excited about her latest assignment: mystery shopping the stores of St. Louis’s premier handbag designer, Danessa Celedine. A stunning socialite who frequently makes headlines with her hot Russian lover, Serge, Danessa sells exquisite purses to the rich and famous for a small fortune. Unfortunately, the Celedine shops aren’t nearly as dazzling as their clientele and Josie’s negative report could kill a lucrative deal to sell the handbag empire. Danessa swears it will also cost Josie her career.

Businesses often live and die by Josie’s reviews, but when Danessa and Serge are found murdered, she’s suddenly linked to an actual homicide…as the chief suspect! Now, Josie will need all her secret shopper subterfuge to investigate the crimes, clear her name, and stop the killer from claiming another fashion victim.

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
Currently free.

The Apparition in the Attic: A Soul Seeker Cozy Mystery #1 (Soul Seeker Cozy Mystery Series)

Cartoon Font Art Illustration Fictional character

Professional home stager Brynn Sullivan is known as the person to call if you can’t sell a home. Little do her clients know that she has a secret!

When a beautiful Victorian sits on the market for too long, the desperate realtor reaches out for help. But this time, Brynn may be in over her head as a ghostly mystery from the past collides with a present-day murder. Will she be able to solve both cases in time?

If you like paranormal cozies, funny spirits, and amateur sleuths, you’ll love this delightful new series from Courtney McFarlin.

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
Currently free.

Wanna Get Lucky? (The Lucky O'Toole Vegas Adventure Series Book 1)

Font Sleeve Electric blue Signage Brand

Everyone Has a Hidden Talent

For Lucky O’Toole it’s murder…solving it.

Surviving in Sin City takes cunning, a pair of five-inch heels, and a wiseass attitude. Lucky has mastered them all and has a pair of legs she uses to kick butt and turn heads.

As the Chief Problem Solver for the Babylon, Las Vegas’s most over-the-top destination, mischief is in her job description.

She’s good at her job.

She’s less good at life. But who has time for a life when there’s a killer on the loose?

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
Currently free.

Run Away With Me : A fast-paced psychological thriller

Font Poster Publication Event Advertising

Laura is married, she has a good home and she is due to give birth to her first child any day now. But her perfect world is shattered when her husband comes home flustered and afraid. He's made a terrible mistake. He's done a bad thing. And now the police are going to be looking for him...
There's only one way out of this. He wants to run. But he won't go without his wife.
Laura knows it is wrong. They should stay and face the music. But she doesn't want to lose her man. She can't raise this baby alone. So she agrees to go with him...
But as time goes by, Laura worries that she has made a terrible mistake. They should never have ran. But it's too late for that now. Her life is ruined. The only question is: how will it end?

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
Currently free.

HOSTILE WITNESS: A Josie Bates Thriller (The Witness Series Book 1)

World White Black Publication Book

When sixteen-year-old Hannah Sheraton is arrested for the murder of her stepgrandfather, the chief justice of the California Supreme court, her distraught mother turns to her old college roommate, Josie Baylor-Bates, for help. Josie, once a hot-shot criminal defense attorney, left the fast track behind for a small practice in Hermosa Beach, California. But Hannah Sheraton intrigues her and, when the girl is charged as an adult, Josie cannot turn her back. But the deeper she digs the more Josie realizes that politics, the law and family relationships create a combustible and dangerous situation. When the horrible truth is uncovered it can save Hannah Sheraton or destroy them both.

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
Currently free.

NORTH KOREA DECEPTION: AN INTERNATIONAL POLITICAL SPY THRILLER (THE DECEPTION SERIES Book 1)

Book Font Movie Publication Book cover

From Richard Lyntton, international Amazon #1 best-selling author, comes an explosive new thriller featuring British journalist and veteran tank commander, Jack Steele.

An unimaginable nuclear disaster. Thousands of lives at stake. One man can prevent it ... as a global conspiracy plots his assassination. Buckle up NOW for this gripping, action-packed thriller of international intrigue, espionage, suspense & deceit ...

Can a reporter who hates corruption stay true to himself when lives are on the line?

Is he being set up?

Jack Steele survived the first Gulf War, Bosnia, and his time as a UN Peacekeeper. As a captain and tank commander, he saw the dark side of war. Skilled in language, he speaks Russian, German, French, and Bosnian. That’s why they sent him.

Two UN Officials have gone missing. They were last seen in the Tumen Triangle.

A 324-mile river that borders Russia, China, and North Korea, it’s a place few Westerners have heard of or understand. It would be a prize-winning story if he could crack it. Sometimes fate puts a person where they need to be—and then he saw the child fall beneath the ice.

When Steele rescued the boy, it was the first domino to fall.

Would it lead to North Korea launching a nuclear missile and taking the lives of thousands of innocent citizens?

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
Currently free.

Texting With the Enemy (Digital Dating Book 1)

Human body Happy Pink Font Poster

She’s texting him her heart. But she’s got the wrong number…

When Isabel “El” Watson applied for a sales job with her company, she had no idea a jelly donut would explode on her blouse, or that her grumpy boss would practically laugh her out of the interview. Accountants could be salespeople, she was sure of it, even if that jerkface didn’t think so.

So when a lady at the local wine festival offers her a sales job on the spot at a new boutique winery, El jumps at the chance. She also jumps at the chance to text with the guy who danced with her at the festival. Life was finally looking up.

Boston’s friend, Chad, never should have given Boston’s number to the girl at the wine festival as a joke, but the damage was done. When El sends Boston a text later that night, believing he is Chad, he’s too nice to hurt her feelings by telling her the truth. But there are a few other truths Boston might have thought about:

Truth #1: He’s her boss

Truth #2: She just accepted a job at his mother’s new winery

Truth #3: He’s always had a crush on her

Even though Boston is no longer El’s grumpy boss, they still work together at his mom’s winery. And while sparks are flying as they get to know each other for real, El’s kind of sweet on the guy who always seems to know just what to say via text too.

Obviously, things will come to a head.

Will Boston come clean about the flirty texts being from him? Or will El figure out on her own that she’s been Texting With the Enemy?

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
Currently free.

Don's Great Escape: Life in a German POW Camp

Wheel Tire Jeans Fuel tank Automotive tire

Don’s Great Escape is one man’s story of being in a German POW camp in WWII. Don’s plane went down over occupied France in 1943. He was captured and sent to Stalag Luft III made famous by the 1963 movie The Great Escape. On January 28, 1945, Stalag Luft III was evacuated so the camp would not be captured by the Russians. After several days of walking and being transported by boxcars, the prisoners eventually ended up in Stalag VIIA at Moosburg. Don was liberated on April 29, 1945. His story is told by letters written home to his parents.

1601 - 1620 of 1674 Posts