Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post your free* book finds here.

Click here for the April 2011 thread.

This thread is for members to post your Free book finds, no self-promotion please. And please do not link through other sites: use KindleBoards affiliate links (link-maker above) or generic Amazon links. :)

If you have a book of your own to promote, you may start a thread all your own in the Book Bazaar to promote your book, to post news and to talk to your fans! Of course, you may also list the book in your Avatar and signature. Thanks!

Tip: typing in the title in addition to including the cover helps when doing searches!

We generally try to keep this thread on topic with book posts only, off-topic posts will be "pruned"! This helps members who use the "new post" indicator or who have subscribed to the thread. Thanks for your cooperation!

Ann & Betsy
Book Bazaar Moderators

*buyer beware: though books are free when posted here, prices on Amazon can change without warning so be sure to look before you click!
**international members: these books are free in the US, but may not be free in your country. Again, be sure to look before you click

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Happy May Day!

A Tailor-Made Bride:

Too Close to Home:

Today We Are Rich:

Disaster Status:

Two Wars:

Making Waves:

·
Registered
833 Posts
This is an audiobook and not a kindle book (but it is available for kindle). The audio is mp3 format so it will play on the kindle if you like. I picked it up last week for kindle but have not had a chance to read it yet. It is free for the month of May.

The Next Story by Tim Challies at http://christianaudio.com/free

Even the least technical among us are being pressed from all sides by advances in digital technology. We rely upon computers, cell phones, and the Internet for communication, commerce, and entertainment. Yet even though we live in this "instant message" culture, many of us feel disconnected, and we question if all this technology is really good for our souls.

In a manner that's accessible, thoughtful, and biblical, author Tim Challies addresses questions such as:
• How has life-and faith-changed now that everyone is available all the time through mobile phones?
• How does our constant connection to these digital devices affect our families and our church communities?
• What does it mean that almost two billion humans are connected by the Internet … with hundreds of millions more coming online each year?

Providing the reader with a framework they can apply to any technology, Tim Challies explains how and why our society has become reliant on digital technology, what it means for our lives, and how it impacts the Christian faith.

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
There are 61 new freebies up today they can all be found if you scroll down this page: http://www.jungle-search.com/US/kindle.php

55 of them are "TextVook" (ie. American history 101, cellular biology 101, Chemistry 101 etc...)

Then there's

And a couple of those how to do better in business type of book.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT ONE OF THE FREEBIES: One Lucky Cowboy was and is currently free, but I was charged $4.61. I sent a mail to Kindle customer service and I'm sure they'll take care of it, but still, check your accounts to make sure this didn't happen to you.

Now that I'm reading the description, I have no idea what on earth even possessed me to even 1-click that book. :p I must've gone on a freebie 1-click rampage that day. :)

-- UPDATE: I was refunded within hours. --

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hey you guys -- Saturday afternoon in CA and I just noticed that the top 5 sellers on Kindle's FREE list are very prominent novels. I've read Shoeless Joe (the novel Field of Dreams was based off of) and it's very good. I'm snapping up these other novels while they're FREE!

Good luck!

·
Registered
707 Posts
Some religious stuff this morning...

Shrouded in Silence
Author: Robert Wise
(Christian Suspense)

The Grad's Guide to Surviving Stressful Times
Author: TH1NK
(Christian Self Help)

The Rules of Life, Expanded Edition: A Personal Code for Living a Better, Happier, More Successful Life
Author: Richard Templar
(Christan Self Help)

·
Registered
9,515 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
BTackitt said:
There are 255 new Free books on Amazon.com today. I am working on making links for all of them, but if you don't want to wait,
It looks like most of those are public domains - also aren't from today. Lots and lots of german public domain books.

The three I found that aren't are

And this one without a cover:
Bring on the Blessings with Bonus Material

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.