Kindle Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post your info about free books here. For the February 2009 free book thread, see here:

http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,4674.0.html

Authors (and their fans): if your book is free for a limited run (or longer ;)), you're welcome to post it once a month in this thread! You're also welcome to start a separate thread in the Book Corner and bump it occasionally to promote your book, to post news and to talk to your fans! Thanks!

Betsy

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
CS posted this yesterday:
CS said:
Free e-book

Check back on April 1 (no fooling!) to grab your free download of

The Beekeeper's Apprentice

chosen as one the "100 Favorite Mysteries of the 20th Century" by the IMBA and a Notable YA book by the American Library Association.

http://www.laurierking.com/?page_id=2414

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
And after you fill out the required form to get Beekeeper's Apprentice, if you get a message that says:

"Subscriber already Available in Database...

Subscriber Updated Successfully."

don't worry, you'll still get the email. :)  I was afraid that not being "new" to Macmillan might mess things up somehow, but it didn't, I still got it.  Just FYI....

·
Registered
406 Posts
SongbirdVB (but you can call me 641) said:
I'm going to do it this way too. Because I'm too lazy to figure out how to do it another way! Really, the first file is just "stuff?" I'm still waiting for the emails. Got one 15 minutes ago then nothing. :(
The email has a picture of the book in it. When you click on that, your computer should automatically download a zip file, which contains the 4 pdf files.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
LDB said:
WAY too much work in addition to being forced to get on an email list. Free but no bargain it seems.
I agree LDB. I do not like it when I am forced into giving my email address, etc just to get a free book. I get enough spam as it is without adding more to the pile.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
LDB said:
WAY too much work in addition to being forced to get on an email list. Free but no bargain it seems.
Even though I'm the one who posted this offer, I have to agree with you.

What a pain.

BTW, for anyone worrying about providing their e-mail addys, just do what I do: create a secondary account for "spam" stuff like this. Heck, I even use it to sign up for message boards, e-mail lists, etc. because spambots can get to it through those avenues as well.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
MaureenH said:
I don't think I've yet seen this group of four free books posted. By Robert Burton Robinson.
Bicycle Shop Murder
Hideaway Hospital Murders
Illusion of Luck
FLy in the Rain
Sweet Ginger Poison

http://www.robertburtonrobinson.com/free-ebooks-downloads/
Just wanted to say I read these when I first got my Kindle and I enjoyed them. Fun, easy read. Popcorn for the brain. :)

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
sherylb said:
I agree LDB. I do not like it when I am forced into giving my email address, etc just to get a free book. I get enough spam as it is without adding more to the pile.
You mean you don't have a "throw away" email address??!!! One you can use just for all of these worhtless, gotta enter your email address places?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I totally agree with you, Geoff. I have learned so much from everyone here and got so many inexpensive and free books. My K2 library is ever growing. There is much kindness and generosity overflowing here. I now have three Bibles as well and value them all. Thanks so much for the links.  Donna

1 - 20 of 93 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.