Premium Member
63,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Super Moderator
67,558 Posts
Free from www.manybooks.net

The House of a Thousand Candles by Meredith Nicholson

A novel of romance and adventure, of love and valor, of mystery and hidden treasure. The hero is required to spend a whole year in the isolated house, which according to his grandfather's will shall then become his. If the terms of the will be violated the house goes to a young woman whom the will, furthermore, forbids him to marry. Nobody can guess the secret, and the whole plot moves along with an exciting zip.

Here's a link:

http://manybooks.net/titles/nicholsonm1244112441-0.html

Ann

--fixed link. Betsy

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
gertiekindle said:
I searched manybooks.net by title and author and couldn't find the book. Here's the Amazon link, but there's no kindle version.

There's a similar site, mnybks.net, that has a lot more books than manybooks.net. It's there. Here's the link.

http://mnybks.net/download.wml?autoID=18658
Mnybks.net is the mobile site for manybooks.net.
I went to Manybooks.net and clicked on Authors, then on "N" and scrolled down to Nicholson, Meredith and clicked on him then you are taken to a page that has all the books by him on the site and it includes the above book.
I use manybooks.net all the time and I find that is the easiest way to find a book. ;D

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Question:  I have downloaded House of a Thousand Candles to mobipocket.  My eBay Kindle will arrive either Monday or Tuesday.  I am still unclear how to move this book to Kindle.  Do I save it to the SD card?  Do I need to reformat?  Are there ANY easy answers?  I have tried and tried to read about this subject, cause I know that there are hundreds of threads on it but for some reason, it all goes over my head. 

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Anju said:
do we download it as mobipockets? or JAR or ereader or ?
PRC works with the Kindle.
Sometimes the metadata is not correct so I like to save it as a RTF, then once on the computer re-save as a DOC and run it through Mobipocket Creator to make sure the metadata is correct. It is not as complicated as it sounds and with the amount of books I have on my Kindle the ability to see the correct title and author is kind of important to me. ;D

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Download the mobi or prc format to avoid having to reformat. This can be read by the Kindle. You may need to download: mobipocket reader program it is here you can change/add the author information, book summaries, and so forth.

To transfer book to your kindle: Use the USB to attach it to the computer, Go to my computer, click on the removeable drive it is located and just drag to the 'documents' file on the kindle.

SD is recommended if you are added audio files and screensavers.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Vegas_Asian said:
Download the mobi or prc format to avoid having to reformat. This can be read by the Kindle. You may need to download: mobipocket reader program it is here you can change/add the author information, book summaries, and so forth.

To transfer book to your kindle: Use the USB to attach it to the computer, Go to my computer, click on the removeable drive it is located and just drag to the 'documents' file on the kindle.

SD is recommended if you are added audio files and screensavers.
Did I read earlier that downloading prc format is better as it doesn't lose the author? AUGH! They make this so confusing! I am slightly ADD in that if I get all the free books from mobipocket to Kindle and they cannot be sorted by title or author or such because they aren't formatted correctly, that will drive me BATTY!!!!

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
It looks like if you put -domain (that's minus domain) into the search field and then sort by low to high price you can find the non public domain books that are free on Amazon without having to sort through them all. I know the Jungle search site has a "featured item" option that will bring up some of them, but not all.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I got this link off the Amazon board:

Flores Girl.

http://www.floresgirl.com/flores-girl-ebook-order.htm

Action / Adventure, Free, Romance, Science Fiction
Sarah finds herself clinging for life aboard a small boat that is being tossed about by a raging storm in the Flores Sea. Sarah is an attractive young lady and a leading authority on the study of the great apes but she is questioning her own sanity for having taken this journey. This is one of many trips Sarah has made to assist her academic mentor but this trip takes a decidedly wrong turn when the boat's engine dies forcing her and her guides to seek shelter on a small, uncharted island in the Flores Sea.

As the guides repair the motor of their stranded boat, Sarah wanders off from the beach, heading to the woods to observe the local bird population. While she is sitting in the woods she suddenly feels as if she is being watched. Sarah is not easily scared, since she has spent many days alone in the wild while observing her beloved chimps and gorillas. But this experience is entirely different to her and she begins to feels a strange presence closing in about her. Then she actually hears the presence! Strange human-like voices, much like the mumbling's of the damned, begin to fill her ears coming from all directions. Sarah is terrified and paralyzed with fear as they begin to surround her. In the distance Sarah can hear the guides frantically searching for her but they are too late to rescue...

·
Registered
326 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts

I saw a link to my new e-Book on my site so I figured I would chime in and thank Leslie for the post. I hope this is not considered a breach in etiquette as well since this is kind of the norm for authors within the podcasting community. This is the first e-Book in a trilogy that I am writing so I am eager to get feedback from readers on this first novel. Moreover, I would like to make sure that the formatting is working for the Kindle so please feel free to send me your comments.

Cheers
Erik John Bertel

Flores Girl: The Children God Forgot
By Erik John Bertel
Link: http://www.floresgirl.com/flores-girl-ebook-order.htm
Genre: Adventure, Science Fiction, Romance

Novel Description:
The two scientists, Sarah and Richard discover the existence of a living human ancestor, Homo floresiensis on an isolated tropical island. These small hobbit-like creatures are not the hobbits of JRR Tolkien's stories but a small tribe of prehistoric people called the Ebu Gogo living in seeming isolation for nearly a half million years on the Indonesian island of Irmã Flores. In their unrelenting quest for knowledge, Sarah and Richard unintentionally expose these innocents to the onslaught of the modern world including corporate raiders, Indonesian pirates (sorry, no Johnny Depp types!) and religious zealots. Moreover, while struggling with the magnitude of their find, Sarah and Richard are forced to reconcile their own, very different personalities. In the process of discovery and befriending these ancient people, Sarah and Richard rediscover their own humanity and the opportunity to find true love.
The novel begins with Sarah finding herself clinging for life aboard a small boat that is being tossed about by a tempest in the Flores Sea. Sarah is an attractive young lady and a leading authority on the study of the great apes but she is questioning her own sanity for having taken this journey. This is one of many trips Sarah has made to assist her mentor but this trip takes wrong turn when the boat's engine dies and forcing her and her guides to seek shelter on a small, uncharted island in the Flores Sea.

As the guides repair the motor of their stranded boat, Sarah wanders off from the beach, heading to the woods to observe the local bird population. While she is sitting in the woods she suddenly feels as if she is being watched. Sarah is not easily scared, since she has spent many days alone in the wild while observing her beloved chimps and gorillas. But this experience is entirely different to her and she begins to feels a strange presence closing in about her. Then she actually hears the presence! Strange human-like voices, much like the mumbling's of the damned, begin to fill her ears coming from all directions. Sarah is terrified and paralyzed with fear as they begin to surround her. In the distance Sarah can hear the guides frantically searching for her but it is too late for rescue...

Warning! The novel contains contemporary language, numerous naked Ebu Gogo, some sexuality, depictions of drug use and humor that some might find to be objectionable. In other words, this is an raw adult theme book with ample violence, cussing and some overall acts of horniness. After all, this is a story about human evolution and human behavior and it is not a recommended book for children. Also keep in mind, this book has a complete disdain for almost all authority figures so consider yourself forewarned.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I doubt anyone would consider it a breech of etiquette. In fact I'm glad you came here to post a synopsis of your book, because I hadn't had much interest in it until you described it. I'll be downloading it tonight.

Welcome to the boards Erik.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I got the book the other day but havent read it yet. It will probly be a couple of weeks or so before i get to it. I do hope that you will let us know when the sequels come out because there are to many for me to keep up with and i can never remember where to go to get them. Thanks for the book!

1 - 20 of 267 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.