Kindle Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 177 Posts

·
Administrator
Joined
·
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post your reader-found free* books here. For the May 2009 free book thread, see here:

http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,7407.msg151803.html#msg151803

This thread is for you readers to post your Free book finds, no self-promotion please.

If you have a book of your own to promote, you may start a thread all your own in the Book Bazaar and bump it occasionally (no more than once a week, please) to promote your book, to post news and to talk to your fans! Of course, you may also list the book in your Avatar and signature. Thanks!

Betsy
Book Corner Moderator

*buyer beware: though books are free when posted here, prices on Amazon can change without warning so be sure to look before you click!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,076 Posts
Two new free fantasy books.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,392 Posts
Scheherazade said:
Two new free fantasy books.

Yes! Another author sees the light on how to turn a free book into a not so free book. I read this book and the rest in the series years ago.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,077 Posts
Spotted this when buying the Terry Brooks book:



Gotta love that link maker!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,766 Posts

Sounds like something from Star Wars...
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
67,251 Posts
MAGreen said:

Sounds like something from Star Wars...
From the Amazon Listing: WARNING: This book contains
hot, explicit sex and violence
explained with contemporary, graphic language.

'cept they didn't spoiler block it. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,205 Posts
Found this on the Amazon board:

Bombardirovka
By Crystal Allene Cook


Journalist Jada Perlmutter becomes the story she seeks as she travels from Soviet Moscow to the mountainous "South" where her lover Zadik plans to take up being a guerrilla fighter in a new breakaway state. Injured, Jada is transported back to Moscow. Years later, in NYC, the taste of ash in her mouth sends Jada back to the Caucasus to conclude the story she left unfinished.
More info: http://www.bombardirovka.com/
Link to book: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/2067
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,205 Posts
Just got this e-mailed to me from Jungle-Search:



I've spoiler-tagged the post to hide the racy description from younger eyes.

Being bad never felt so good-

After being jilted by her former master, Jane Porter looks to end her year-long celibacy by attending a bondage-themed event. Thanks to her ex-boyfriend's stunning betrayal, she isn't looking for happily-ever-after, just a master who's willing to explore the depths of her passion and teach her what the BDSM lifestyle is all about.

Antonio Villareal was a wanted man. Single, rich and good looking, he's on the hunt for a submissive to share his world. The moment he sees Jane on the arm of another man, he wants to possess her body and soul. The only problem is; Jane makes it clear she isn't a forever kind of girl.

Can Antonio convince Jane to give him a chance?

Warning:
Graphic sex, bondage scenes
and the use of masks.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just want to mention to our newer members that you can read the text that's blacked out by moving the cursor over the black block, it's called "spoiler block" and you can add it when you're posting by selecting the text you want to apply it to and clicking on the little icon, top row, right side that has the SP in black and white on it. It will look like this when you type
Code:
[spoiler]this is blocked[/spoiler]
and like this when posted
this is blocked

Betsy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,848 Posts
We also try to block any words that might not be appropriate for children.  We have many moms and dads on our Boards and would hate for them to read a word or phrase that the parents are not ready to explain to young minds. 
as Geoff would say, just sayin.
deb
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,981 Posts
CS said:
Just got this e-mailed to me from Jungle-Search:



I've spoiler-tagged the post to hide the racy description from younger eyes.

Being bad never felt so good-

After being jilted by her former master, Jane Porter looks to end her year-long celibacy by attending a bondage-themed event. Thanks to her ex-boyfriend's stunning betrayal, she isn't looking for happily-ever-after, just a master who's willing to explore the depths of her passion and teach her what the BDSM lifestyle is all about.

Antonio Villareal was a wanted man. Single, rich and good looking, he's on the hunt for a submissive to share his world. The moment he sees Jane on the arm of another man, he wants to possess her body and soul. The only problem is; Jane makes it clear she isn't a forever kind of girl.

Can Antonio convince Jane to give him a chance?

Warning:
Graphic sex, bondage scenes
and the use of masks.
It wasn't very good and it is not the complete book. It was like four or five chapters. If you enjoy this type of literature, there is better stuff on the internet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,205 Posts
ProfCrash said:
It wasn't very good and it is not the complete book. It was like four or five chapters. If you enjoy this type of literature, there is better stuff on the internet.
I'm sure you know this already, but my post shouldn't be confused as an endorsement for the book. I found the freebie and passed it on to whoever might have been interested.

With that said, I'm pretty annoyed they did the old bait and switch and gave us only 4-5 chapters. Even though it was free, I never would've wasted my time with it if I had known it was only a glorified sample.

No, it's not my type of book in the first place - but I automatically download every freebie because you just never know if you're missing out on a hidden gem.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,981 Posts
CS said:
I'm sure you know this already, but my post shouldn't be confused as an endorsement for the book. I found the freebie and passed it on to whoever might have been interested.

With that said, I'm pretty annoyed they did the old bait and switch and gave us only 4-5 chapters. Even though it was free, I never would've wasted my time with it if I had known it was only a glorified sample.

No, it's not my type of book in the first place - but I automatically download every freebie because you just never know if you're missing out on a hidden gem.
I know you were not endorsing it. I enjoy a good S&M story every now and then. I was very disappointed that it ended where it did and that it was not a complete book. Had it been a complete book and it got a bit more raunchy (it was really pretty vanilla) I might have thought about looking into more of her work. It left me bored and going "So what?" and annoyed that it was not the entire book.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,280 Posts
ProfCrash said:
It wasn't very good and it is not the complete book. It was like four or five chapters. If you enjoy this type of literature, there is better stuff on the internet.
I just read at Amazon that this is "Book 1" of a series and the story continues in Books 2 and 3. What a rip-off since it sounds like it is just a few chapters, not a book.

Just like there are few indie authors who give all indie authors a bad name, it seems like there are a few freebie offers that are starting to give all the freebies a bad name. Remember that one where we only got the introduction and the index? Jeesh.

L
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,205 Posts
EDIT: This is now free until the date listed below

FUTURE free e-book (from 6/14 to 6/28)

From the Amazon board:

Jerry Frank Tuttle Jr. said:
My book 'Dead Man's Rain' will be *free* to Kindle owners from 6-14-2009 until 6-28-2009. I know that's a few days away but I thought I'd post early so hundreds of thousands of Kindle owners could be ready to press the BUY button at exactly midnight on the 14th.

Here's the link:

http://www.amazon.com/Dead-Mans-Rain/dp/B001CNR8HM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1244470577&sr=8-1

I know there's been a lot of discussion on these boards among authors who want to put their works out there for free on the Kindle. I had nothing to do with this, though -- the folks at my publishing house (Samhain Publishing) worked a deal with Amazon.
All I know is that Amazon gets my firstborn. And really, who needs a soul anyway?

To recap: "Dead Man's Rain," free on the Kindle, June 14 through the 28th. Thus ends this brief interlude of shameless self-promotion.


Again... NOT FREE YET. Will be free starting on 6/14.

EDIT: This is now free until 6/28
 
1 - 20 of 177 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top