·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
308 Posts
egh34 said:
OK, sorry for my ignorance, as I have only been a Kindle owner for 5 days, but now that I have downloaded how do I get it to my Kindle?
One way would be to plug the kindle into the USB and dump the mobi file into your documents folder.

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the new book, CuriousLaura, congrats on offering the first free book of March!

We try to keep this thread pretty lean and mean to allow people to find all the free ones pretty easily, so I'll frequently return to prune any posts that do not add a free book listing, just so you know.

Also, CuriousLaura and any others, you can always go in and modify your own posts!  Find your post, and in the upper right hand corner of the post, you should see the Modify among the choices.  Click on that and you'll be able to correct anything in the post!

Betsy

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Thanks, CL ! I have been wanting that and for free...

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
CuriousLaura said:
A new month...so fast, :eek:
Thanks for all the books in February ;)
well I just discovered this book is on Kindle format for free on feedbooks.
It's a MUST read for all writers and everybody interested in words.....I thought it was a treasure when I found it on Kindle format.... ;D
http://www.feedbooks.com/book/3697
Thanks! I've been looking for this ever since I read someone's blog entry about it. (Sig's maybe?)

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I am sure that this has been mentioned before, but when I did a search, it revealed nothing, so I thought I would post the info here in case someone out there hasn't heard about this one:

Twilight Fans: Stephanie Meyer has on her website a partial draft to what would be book #4, "Midnight Sun", which is the Edward/Bella story from Edwards point of view. Mindnight Sun is partial but it follows Twilight (book #1) from Edwards perspective. Very interesting. Meyer says that she won't finish it, but who knows? It is probably some wierd marketing ploy.

Anyway, follow the link below to get to the file. I got it onto my K1 by saving the file to my computer, then emailing it to my Kindle's email address. This was the first attempt at doing this and it worked like a charm. (Plus it was super easy!)

http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/pdf/midnightsun_partial_draft4.pdf

Oh yeah....IT IS FREE!!!! ;D

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
KindleKay said:
I am sure that this has been mentioned before, but when I did a search, it revealed nothing, so I thought I would post the info here in case someone out there hasn't heard about this one:

Twilight Fans: Stephanie Meyer has on her website a partial draft to what would be book #4, "Midnight Sun", which is the Edward/Bella story from Edwards point of view. Mindnight Sun is partial but it follows Twilight (book #1) from Edwards perspective. Very interesting. Meyer says that she won't finish it, but who knows? It is probably some wierd marketing ploy.

Anyway, follow the link below to get to the file. I got it onto my K1 by saving the file to my computer, then emailing it to my Kindle's email address. This was the first attempt at doing this and it worked like a charm. (Plus it was super easy!)

http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/pdf/midnightsun_partial_draft4.pdf

Oh yeah....IT IS FREE!!!! ;D
Downloaded it for my classmate

·
Registered
192 Posts
CuriousLaura said:
A new month...so fast, :eek:
Thanks for all the books in February ;)
well I just discovered this book is on Kindle format for free on feedbooks.
It's a MUST read for all writers and everybody interested in words.....I thought it was a treasure when I found it on Kindle format.... ;D
http://www.feedbooks.com/book/3697
Thank you. Downloaded, and added to the ever lengthening list of books to read.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It's been a while since I've been around. Mostly I've been pretty sick with a nasty virus. (Very, very nasty.)

So: the free.

Shadow Unit is an interesting series---it's what a prime time science fiction/urban fantasy/government investigation series would be, except that it's written by multiple published authors following the format of a television show (so there are episodes, easter eggs, etc.) The website is at http://shadowunit.org .

Season 1 was finished a while back, and I created an ebook for it; I call it a bootleg as a joke, because the original text is under a Creative Commons NonCommercial Share Alike license, which allows for remixing---and making an ebook is remixing.

Season 2 (also licensed as the same) just started up today with episode 1, and I'll be creating ebooks for each season episode.

Here's Season 2, Episode 1 for the Kindle. (And heck, also the Sony Reader PR505 (?) and 600 (?).) The post also links to a download for the Season 1 Ebook.

Enjoy, and if you like the stories, don't forget to visit the authors' website and donate a little money in the tip cup!

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Arachne Jericho said:
It's been a while since I've been around. Mostly I've been pretty sick with a nasty virus. (Very, very nasty.)

So: the free.

Shadow Unit is an interesting series---it's what a prime time science fiction/urban fantasy/government investigation series would be, except that it's written by multiple published authors following the format of a television show (so there are episodes, easter eggs, etc.) The website is at http://shadowunit.org .

Season 1 was finished a while back, and I created an ebook for it; I call it a bootleg as a joke, because the original text is under a Creative Commons NonCommercial Share Alike license, which allows for remixing---and making an ebook is remixing.

Season 2 (also licensed as the same) just started up today with episode 1, and I'll be creating ebooks for each season episode.

Here's Season 2, Episode 1 for the Kindle. (And heck, also the Sony Reader PR505 (?) and 600 (?).) The post also links to a download for the Season 1 Ebook.

Enjoy, and if you like the stories, don't forget to visit the authors' website and donate a little money in the tip cup!
Thanks. I just downloaded Season 1. I'm definitely intrigued.

1 - 20 of 326 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.