Kindle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if this has been posted yet, but Amazon has added a lot of free books. They look like they are all in the public domain, and include books, journal articles (I think), etc. It will make finding more recent free books harder to find.

Here is the link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.html?ie=UTF8&location=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2Fs%3Fie%3DUTF8%26rs%3D154606011%26sort%3Dprice%26ref%255F%3Dsr%255Fst%26qid%3D1233245034%26rh%3Dn%253A154606011%26page%3D1&tag=kbpst-20&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=390957

I wonder if this has something to do with the press conference?

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
Note that there are 223000+ books in the search below, sorted by price, low to high, so the free books are at the top.  To narrow it down, you can click on the stars at left to narrow the search down by reader reviews and further narrow it down by genre.  There's also a link to these books and more info in the pinned Free Book thread.

Betsy

·
Registered
463 Posts
If you put "Public Domain Books" (including the quotes) in the search, you'll find that there are actually 7,370 books (plus one extra at 1.99 that is also marked that way).  You can then use the categories and star ratings to narrow down your search.

You can put the same tag plus and author name to find specific works or the tag plus any word that might be in the title.

None of this helps the new problem of promotional books being swamped in the see of freebies, but does improve your chances of finding something you might want to read (and winnows out all the private re-publishers of these free works that charge whatever they want and seldom do any formatting).

Of course, these same works are often available (for free) at feedbooks, manybooks or mobileread and, if there, they almost always have better formatting and often have the illustrations added back in.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I used the Jungle-search yesterday, and got some "better" public domain books than simply searching Amazon. I have a feeling that it will be part of the Amazon Feb. 9 press conference to highlight the almost 8,000 free books available. Maybe that means if a K2 is announced, it will be more expensive, and Amazon is hoping the free books will sweeten the deal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.