Kindle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I am new to these forums, but I had to share this great new website that lets you get access to the 28,000+ free books on the Gutenberg site directly from your Kindle. You can use it to search and download classic books directly from the Kindle.

It's called www.pejome.com.

My problem with other direct-to-kindle book download sites is that they're very slow to load and navigate on the Kindle.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chad Winters (#102) said:
I have a tough time with the blank search engine types. I like to browse and rarely know what I'm looking for ahead of time..
Yes, the blank search interface assumes that you have some idea of what to look for (kinda of like Google).

The best thing I like about this site, though, is that it performs very well from the Kindle browser. If I know, for example, that I want to quickly download a copy on my Kindle of Lincoln's Gettysburg Address or Washington Irving's History of New York, this site will let me get these within seconds.

·
Registered
761 Posts
This is still a pretty cool reference if you know what you're looking for, thanks KindleReader. One funny thing, I did download the Gettysburg Address, and the first sentence of the legalese apologizes for the fact that all the legal mumbo-jumbo is longer than the document itself. On a speech delivered in 1863! How's that for copyright rules!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For those who like to browse and have a hard time with the blank search engine types, a number of enhancements to the website was recently made. You can now download any of the free, pre-converted Project Gutenberg books from the Reading Lists page: www.pejome.com/ReadingLists.htm. The reading lists include the Top 100 E-books on Project Gutenberg, and also the recently downloaded PeJoMe books by other PeJoMe users. These changes certainly gave me a better idea about what free books that you can read.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts