Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have turned on my Whispernet and checked several times today.... but so far it says I have no new downloads available.  I thought that our free pre-ordered The Cook's Illustrated How-to-Cook Library was supposed to be delivered today.  I don't always have a good Whispernet connection in our area so I thought I would see if anyone else had received theirs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
Nope, I haven't gotten mine either nor have I gotten the Frommer's City Set which was supposed to be free according to the email and ship the same day.  It is priced at $39 in the store, but customer service assured me I'd not be charged for it based on the email.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,762 Posts
WestPointer1968 said:
Nope, I haven't gotten mine either nor have I gotten the Frommer's City Set which was supposed to be free according to the email and ship the same day. It is priced at $39 in the store, but customer service assured me I'd not be charged for it based on the email.
Have you tried to download from the Manage Your Kindle page?

www.amazon.com/manageyourkindle
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
PraiseGod13 said:
I have turned on my Whispernet and checked several times today.... but so far it says I have no new downloads available. I thought that our free pre-ordered The Cook's Illustrated How-to-Cook Library was supposed to be delivered today. I don't always have a good Whispernet connection in our area so I thought I would see if anyone else had received theirs.
Looks like release date for both of these titles has been pushed back.
City Guide - March 5
Cooks - I think I read Mar 26
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jeff said:
Have you tried to download from the Manage Your Kindle page?

www.amazon.com/manageyourkindle
I did, Jeff...... thanks! Looks like they may have changed the date on us.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107 Posts
I know that the cookbook was promised for Feb. 25, but I haven't recieved mine yet either.  wondering whether they're sending them all on the same day or spacing them out as they did with the new software.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
221 Posts
I see I'm not the only one who was disappointed that I didn't get my new download today. I love my Cooks Illustrated cookbooks (and magazines), and I'm very interested to see how they "translate" on my Kindle. Although I'm not sure if my Kindle will ever replace my dead-tree cookbooks. Does anyone here regularly use kindle cookbooks?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,479 Posts
Just checked - no email from Amazon, but on manage my account it has changed to say "processing order" in the open order section (expect it will be moved over to pending shortly).  I have lousy WN coverage so it will probably take forever to download.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,845 Posts
Well, I can't connect to Wn eight now so who knows what's up. Maybe my "ship" email was a mistake...should go check Amazon. And double check that its not being sent to harm's K.
 
1 - 20 of 104 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top